Celica St185 Gt4

MattyP

• Member For: 9y 3m 5d

There's a couple of guys on YouTube who are putting this cars running gear in a Mini, great stuff to watch, funny and informative pommy guys. Bad Obsession Motorsport is there channel.

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 15d

Cheers fellas

Exactly the same for me kyle except on gran turismo or forza I always had one.

My first car was a 1993 st184 wrc trophy in manual but I always looked at the gt4s wanting more

I just took it for a spin and I gotta say when it working I love this car more than the g6. There is something special about a gt4. I cant describe it. Its something ive always wanted and to have one is almost surreal.

I emptied the catch can and only had 200ml this time so that's a plus.

I might pull a lazy one and drop it off at my tuner to fit all the parts as im pretty flat out at work. But I really want to DIY.

Anyone in sydney that wants to give a helping hand would be heaps appreciated haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • MattyP
  • Cruise Control

56mm

Things massive

Just trying to work out which main fan to use. The only thing I see fitting is a small 7 inch mg one

Today I took it our for a drive and idled it for 20 mins and the secondary AC fan managed to keep it on temp in 26 degree weather

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control

This weekend was spent trying to remove the turbo

This afternoon We finally got the turbo out and all the lines preppared to go on but 1 small problem

When the dodgy rebuilder did the dodgy rebuil he snapped one of the studs from the turbo into the exhaust manifold, so instead of fixing his mistake properly he welded up the stud and tightened it on. So now time to get a new exhaust manifold.. yayyy

Going out tomorrow to buy an aftermarket manifold made from 304 staino. Should go alright

I do apologise about the lack of pics. Ill throw some up tomorrow!

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control

I know

I fully regret ever going to that rebuilder! 

Anyone live in newcastle and have a surplus of bricks lying around?

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control

So today I went out and bought a el cheapo manifold to get me by until I get a 6 boost one, Also sorted out all the plumbing for the gtx2860, Instead of using the stock feed im going to use an exisiting T piece of the oil pressure sender. And lastly Holy cow pirtek know how to charge!

Tomorrow will hopefully have it all mounted and ready to go to the zorst shop to fabricate the new dump to the exisitng exhaust should be tuned just before I leave for the pacific islands next monday

• Like 2