Rear Sway Bar Link, Which Design Better?

jas98

• Member For: 11y 9m 1d

Hi I am in need of new sway bar links for the rear of my ba xr6t as the rubbers where it bolts to the actual sway bar are shot.

I am aware of 2 different desighns, one being a ball joint at top and bottom, similar to the front desighn and the other is just replaement bushs from nolthane, whitline or superpro.

so which would be better? to me I would say the factory one with replacement bushs would be stronger? as teh ball one may move around under load?

opinions?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BA-BF-FG-FALCON-TERRITORY-MONDEO-REAR-SWAY-BAR-LINK-BUSHES-FORD-NOLATHANE-42457-/170995731183?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d023caef&_uhb=1

or

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-BA-BF-REAR-Sway-Bar-Link-Pin-Stabilzer-HD-Design-Swivel-Ball-Joint-/380746257582?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&fits=Plat_Gen%3ABA&hash=item58a63ed4ae&_uhb=1

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 17d

Our ball joint design is superior to the original style since it removes the vertical play in the bushes which slows response from the swaybar. In other words as the suspension loads up, the bushes squash and move first then the swaybar moves. With our design there is no delay.

• Member For: 11y 9m 1d

cheers, with your desighn is there still bushs where it connects to the control arm? if so what ones do you use? the factory bush or aftermarket?

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 2m 3d

Sorry if this is a stupid question,but im trying to install these atm, how do you stop the upper ball joint from spinning when your tightening the top nut on the lower control arm, is the only way to put a spanner through the hole in the LCA?