Gtx3582R Vs 62/35 Precision

Kroozin

• Member For: 16y 2m 28d

have a look at TBRE on facebook, he has built bottoms for these already assembled

Tony built my long motor. Really good guy. Motor runs very quiet.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 9d

How do the compressor maps compare between the two? (thinking that Precision may not supply such data)

We all know the GTX likes psi to be more "efficient" ..

Will the Precision be at its most efficient at 20PSI ??

• RUS531
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 8d

Iv been looking into a GTX also and my tuner strongly recommended a new low mount manifold to get the best benefit and improve spool time. Currently waiting to hear back to hear if it can all be done in two weeks time. I was also tossing up between turbos but figured for what I use my ute for, the GTX is probably the better option for me due to proven reliability. My stock turbo has about 170k km on it while pushing around 370rwkw over the last 4 years and 320kw in the years before that and is still in good condition.

I like power on tap to fry the tyres at will and scare the crap out of people while using it as a daily driver and not so much for the strip/track. so for me, I'm sticking to Garrett.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 20d

Having done the low mount option and proving a gain in spool (I used a T4 twin scroll housing / manifold)...I doubt you would be able to 'feel' much difference between the factory low mount. In short it's not what I would call a night and day difference on the mid frame turbo.

Having done the low mount option and proving a gain in spool (I used a T4 twin scroll housing / manifold)...I doubt you would be able to 'feel' much difference between the factory low mount. In short it's not what I would call a night and day difference on the mid frame turbo.

Edit I used a GTX3582r also

Edited by IH8TOADS

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 7d
The 6235 is a water cooled core which Precision weren't using previously so one would thing durability is increased over the traditional air cooled precision CHRA. The GTX wheel was designed with quietness in mind and that it is, the 6 blade Precision wheel a likely to perform ever so slightly better than a GTX35 despite the compressor and turbines being the same size.

The GTX35 is the ultimate in reliability but the Precision may perform slightly better and will have a more horny turbo noise.

Are the gtx's quieter than stock?

Thinking reliability>bit more performance

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y

I thought it was a bit early to tell the reliability of the new bolt on personally.

Gtx is loud, especially with a turbo side intake. The precision sounds like its gonna suck people off the footpath.

Edited by turboboink

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

What ever it turns out to be, you would have to think the new turbos from PTE will be better than the older ones.

Anyway, I have sold my GTX and have purchased a 6235, should be tuned by the end of the month.

• Like 6