Anyone Rocking An Xbox One?

.Stripes.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

As above, anyone got an Xbox One? Thoughts? Since getting mine I really haven't had a huge amount of time to really sit down and get stuck into the games. I think I've played all up about an hour of Black Flag, an hour of Forza, played a few hours of Ghosts multiplayer and haven't even started Battlefield 4 yet.

Something I'm not overly stoked about is the Xbox Live Party setup. I found the xbox 360 setup much more intuitive and easier to use, not to mention party chat came on by default when you joined a party. Oh and the fact that Ghosts requires certain ports to be opened on your router setup, otherwise your NAT settings inside the game stay at Strict...would be rad if I knew the password to get into my router... :L16:

I'm actually rather looking forward to TitanFall and Watch Dogs, both these games look pretty bawler.

• Member For: 14y 9m 7d

Is it true what everyone was saying before xbox1 came out that you have to have the kinect camera working all the time?
I know many people were totally against xbox1 because of its facial recognition abilities which were able to be accessed by outside agencies.

Nah, Microsoft changed their mind about that (and a bunch of other things) after there was such an uproar after the announcement at E3. You can unplug the kinect and play on as usual if you like.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 20d

I bought one a few weeks ago and so far its wicked. Only played forza and bf4 multiplayer so far and both games have awsome graphics.

As far as party chat goes yeah its pretty sh*t. Already had the ports forwarded in my router for xbox live with the 360 but also had to disable my UPnP in the router though for the xb1 for party chat to work. Heard its a common problem as u need your nat settings to open not strict pita!

Other than that I like It but time will tell as to how other games will go.

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y

Was going to but realized my pc is far superior in everyway.

Only the exclusives I'll be missing out on but titanfall and watchdogs will both be on pc so yipee

#masterracelogic

I bought one a few weeks ago and so far its wicked. Only played forza and bf4 multiplayer so far and both games have awsome graphics. As far as party chat goes yeah its pretty sh*t. Already had the ports forwarded in my router for xbox live with the 360 but also had to disable my UPnP in the router though for the xb1 for party chat to work. Heard its a common problem as u need your nat settings to open not strict pita! Other than that I like It but time will tell as to how other games will go.

Yeah well on the actual Xbox One itself it says my NAT settings are open, and it was always open on my 360. But apparently there's certain ports you need to open for Ghosts to have open NAT settings...which is *beep* and gays.

Was going to but realized my pc is far superior in everyway.

Only the exclusives I'll be missing out on but titanfall and watchdogs will both be on pc so yipee

#masterracelogic

Da hur hur! Nah fair call though, but I've never really gotten into PC gaming for some reason. I get the advantages of PC vs. console, but I've always been happier chilling on my sofa with a controller (also well aware that I could use a controller with a PC connected to my TV...but that would kinda defeat the purpose of being able to use a keyboard and mouse).. Agree that PC graphics are crazy, with the right graphics card!

• 8 months later...
  • I <3 Floods
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

Bought mine Friday..

And got:

FIFA 14

Destiny

Forza 5

Assassins creed: black flag..

Okay first up I don't usually spend too much time playing games anymore so I'm a little rusty..

I traded in my black 250gig 360 to buy this thing..

First impressions:

The user interface seemed laggy to start..

Game updates before being able to play are ridiculous! (I whinged about 700meg for FIFA, cringed at 2.3gig for assassins creed and lost my sh*t and left the house at 14gig for Forza)

I'm impressed with the games so far though.. Destiny is great fun but not quite a halo substitute.. (Yeah closet halo supporter here).. It is almost like they are trying for a bit of a crossover between Mass Effect and Halo.. Almost..

Forza I don't see a huge difference between 4 and 5.. Except for cars and tracks.. Handling in 5 actually seems more forgiving (racing with no assists on).. Even braking seems easier to stay in control if you lock it up entering a corner.

FIFA 14.. What's the friggin appeal of soccer games? I have NFI.. But I still wasted about 3 hours on it. Till I cracked the sh*ts about how hard it was, checked the controller setup and realised I had the buttons around the wrong way and was hitting 'lob' instead of shoot..

Assassins creed black flag, not standing out for me over any other ass creed games.. But graphics are good gameplay is good.. So yeah it's good.. Plus you can waste hours just climbing up sh*t and jumping off..

I know Xbox one isn't a PC substitute.. But it'll do.. Mainly because I can just grab the controller and sit on the couch.. My gaming laptop is heavy.. And requires setting up..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 3m 6d

Yeah I didn't find destiny all that great either, but I guess I had high expectations from bungie. I'm holding out for the Master Cheif Collection in November anyway.

My xbox one is basically only used to play media. It's so easy to play anything off a USB or play to it straight from my PC. That's all these consoles are good for, my ps4 is just gathering dust (PC gaming is better).

What's the go with playing media off USB? I went to plug a HDD in after the first update that was supposed to support USB HDD and it wanted to format my drive, so I gave up and haven't turned it on since...