Gran Turismo 6

Rab

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Is out today.

Got it downloading at the moment so will be able to do a few laps when I get home tonight.

Looking forward to Bathurst :)

Shame there's not a current crop of Aussie V8's to race in it :(

Anyone got any suggestions as to other cars that would behave similarly?

• Member For: 11y 6m 16d

It is much better than GT5. The way cars react is like chalk and cheese. It is actually more difficult and definitely closer to realism. They have fixed alot of the setup of the game (garages, exp point etc). There is no segregation of Std cars and Premium cars (all in dealerships now). They have also "upgraded" the standard cars so they dont look like an 8 bit sprite.....Loading times greatly improved and the AI is much better (they protect their line better).

In regards as to what to run on Bathurst, just get the 2000 XR8 Supercar......(this is one of my favs). For any GT fans out there, this is a great game and I highly recommend getting it ($69 at Target).

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Yep - having a blast at the moment.

Driving is so much better than GT5.

Some bastard did put a traffic light in the middle of the road in London though - Don't think that was there on the old track :P

Load times are so much better too as has been said - makes it possible to jump in for a quick blast instead of it being too much of a PITA.

I got the anniversary pack with the bonus cars - saves a lot of time and frustration in the early stages where you need a specific category car to compete in events when you already have such a car in your garage :) Was really annoying in GT5 having to hunt down and buy a car you don't really want and will never use again just to be able to progress. Am sure I'll run into that issue later on in the game, but I should have cash by then and able to purchase "keepers" rather than duds for a single event.

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

I do need Bob to make a comeback though so he can grind cash for me while I'm at work (B-Spec to come in a later update)