Herrod Voltage Booster

XtRmn8

• Member For: 12y 3m 1d

I've had a spark booster fitted for about 4 weeks now. I found that the engine runs much smother I was told to remove the factory plugs and fit a vgroved plug better spark. With the power there's more power down low and up top. I found no more lag and no engine surge I was told I don't need the fuel booster because I have a herrod fuel pump fitted if you would like ask me more question I will be at afd this week in the f6 owners area just ask for Dave or just ask me on here .

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 3m 1d
as for the plug gap it's 1.1 no need to re gap plugs but the only thing spark have to be changed every 10,000 km not a big problem v groved plugs are cheap.

• 3 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 24d

I fitted one of these on the weekend as well, kept the coils and plugs but regapped them to 1.0-1.1mm. At idle I don't think I really notice any difference. But when it comes on boost you can feel the extra spark when the unti turns on. It is run off a hobbs switch which I think ups the coil voltage at 5psi. I can actually feel it up the voltage. There is definitely more urge in power delivery and the engine sounds different, better. Boost hits very hard now, whereas before I would sometimes get traction in first with traction control on now it just spins up the rears. I was skeptical but am converted for sure. I got my new but second hand for cheap so was a no brainer.