Fg Xr6T Going In For Mods And Tune Soon.

masda74

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d

While we're talking about it, when you tighten plug 6, make sure that you try to hold the tool centred as you tighten it, as it is fairly easy to snap the porcelain if you put sideways pressure on the plug. The rubber bit in the socket should help with that a bit.

If you cant get the plugs out once they are loose, you can pull the long part off one of the coils and use that to pull the plugs out.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 28d
1 hour ago, masda74 said:

I have a chrome socket set at home(birthday gift), but I am pretty sure it does not have the spark plug socket.

I will keep that in mind, especially with the tape and the uni bit.

getting those spark plugs is the first thing that needs to be done.

You can borrow all the tools from me if  you like

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 25d

Well I went out and bought some tools at Covs as I know someone that works there.

That being said yesterday, this happened.

f8q6yxy.jpg

I had to go and visit family and was looking after the kids, so did not have a chance to do anything on the car.

Today I had time to get stuff done and started at lunch time. 

Having the right tools makes things soo much easier to do. So I went out and bought 5/8th socket for the spark plug and the angled wigley worm bit. you know what I mean.

My luck would have it that the socket set that I have already had the parts I needed

TdlK5yt.jpg

That got me into the spark plugs port to remove them. This worked for piston 1 to 5.

S3hYksZ.jpg

Yeah I know those spark plugs needed replacing. I think they been on there for 100k.

Anyways back to buying tools I did not need. they actually came in handy and made my life easier on piston 6.

The socket set I had, the extension bars were too long and I couldn't get the wrench on.

I resorted to this.

EA9mpjL.jpg

that is a angled wiggley worm at 1/2". Then a conversion from 1/2" to 5/8"

Then a angled wiggley worm to the spark plug socket.

I could have sworn that there was some sort of mention about the rubber backings on the rocker cover for the coils.

KmZNFLm.jpg

I did not see any backing rubbers to hold the coils in place. I assume that the FG has the bolts there to do this job.

While I was in the mood to get sh*t done, I thought it would be best to check the bolts for the exhaust manifold

gL9Zr65.jpg

Took pipping off to make life easier and have easier access to all the bolts.

I found this instead:

u70FewC.jpg

It looks bad in the image because of the reflection.

However the amount of oil in there is really just the middle bit in the image above.

Another angle to try and show how much oil.

nPjkUOL.jpg

Oil in the turbo inlet

ePs0NQn.jpg

I am assuming that this is normal.

NqzLxdV.jpg

After cleaning everything up and putting all the clamps back on, at the last minute and the last clamp, this happens

OgMawMx.jpg

Life can be suck a bitch at times. I was actually enjoying the 2 hour servicing of my vehicle.

I was planing on going out tomorrow with the kids. Trip cancelled now. this freggin sucks

Where does the clamp come from?

if5Jt5O.jpg

Where the air filter box connects to the crossover.

A3Yy1bj.jpg

I went to repco, supercheap, auto one and none of them have a clamp as thin as the ford one.

their clamps are thicker and would most probably cut into the piping. that is the last thing I would need.

anyone in Perth got a spare clamp?

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

clamp says 90-110 on the outside. on the inside, I am assuming that this is a part number 042910R.

I know that a catch can would fit, but I never got around to fitting it. Life does get busy especially with kids.

That is why I took the time to clean it today. I know it will just come back.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

Duuuuuuude it’s a clamp for the suction side, zero pressure on it so go do what you need to do tomorrow and I bet it’s still sitting in the same place and yes a thicker clamp does slightly cut into the soft pipe work but again the clamp is literally just holding some pressure on it so it doesn’t move

relax a little and think about what’s what on the car ;)

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

I just don't want sh*t getting sucked into the turbo. I know a little dust won't do much harm.

The last thing I want is the car breaking down on the side of the road and then get comments like.

There is another broken down ford. to embarrassing. ;)

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d
12 minutes ago, JETURBO said:

it’s a clamp for the suction side,

Yerp.

It will be fine without a clamp until you can get one sorted. Nothing to stress about. Use a zip tie if you feel strongly about it but it's a 1/10 on the importance scale.