The Great Golf Thread..

Never had any say Panda

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 30d

Bought my clubs for $10 at a garage sale with bag and a sh*t load of balls lol.. We go and play just for fun and don't care about the scores just try and not loose a ball. You know your bad when you tee off and the first three hits go straight into the drink in the exact same place even after adjusting lol...I have a few friends really into golf and have spent really big $$$ on equipment. Went with then once and they gave me some really good advice and I couldn't believe it but it helped. I have a lot of respect for golf as a sport, its f*cken hard to be good at..

• 1 month later...
  • I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 19d

Had an absolute cracking round at Toowoomba Golf Club yesterday..

Fairly sh*t condition for the course but they have struggled a bit since their greens became infected with some fungus or something..

Worked on my grip and wrists with the down swing and finally managed some cracking shots with my 10.5* driver.. I think the best was about 270m on a par 5 and straight.

Also bought the missing fairway woods to match my new clubs.. Wilson Staff D100's. managed to overshoot the green using the 3FW playing from about 200m back.. (In fairness part of the greens are quite dead so landing in the wrong spot causes you to shoot clean off).

Was averaging my scores out quite well with bogey/par/birdie combinations. Right up until the second last hole.. I have NFI what went wrong but I four putted that after taking 3 to get onto the green.. However I did managed to finish on a par in view of the clubhouse on the last hole..

• Member For: 21y 20d

Bought my clubs for $10 at a garage sale with bag and a sh*t load of balls lol.. We go and play just for fun and don't care about the scores just try and not loose a ball. You know your bad when you tee off and the first three hits go straight into the drink in the exact same place even after adjusting lol...I have a few friends really into golf and have spent really big $$$ on equipment. Went with then once and they gave me some really good advice and I couldn't believe it but it helped. I have a lot of respect for golf as a sport, its f***n hard to be good at..

I picked up a set of golf clubs on a street verge during council rubbish pick up time a couple of years ago. All the balls are ones that have been found around the place over the last 30 years. I've taken the kids to the driving range but the game is way too frustrating for my liking. I've gone with my mate a couple of times on the fairway 30 years ago. Not my idea of fun looking/loosing balls and getting all stressed.

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 9d

Member at Liverpool GC pb 68 (not ar liverpool 72 their) use srixon 701 forged irons, titliest wedges, scotty Cameron kombi putter, ping i15 driver and 3 wood, adams 2 iron hybrid. Use prov1 balls. Strength putting and iron play. Average around 260 - 270 with big dog (longest 323) currently back to 6 was off 2 but had elbow injury which surgery has just fixed. Back at it as of next week.

http://www.liverpoolgolf.com.au/welcome/index.mhtml#