Fg Map Sensors

turbotrana

• Member For: 21y 20d

The FG turbo has the MAP sensor that is bolted to the manifold p/n AG9G9F479AA.

It also has one that is on the plastic elbow leading into the throttle body.

What does this one do?

Does anyone have a part number for it as I rang both COVS and AMCAP and they just cant seem to find it on the computer.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Member For: 6y 6m 25d

Hi Does anyone have a photo of where this is on the inlet manifold ? I've been googling and can't find a picture of an XR6 Turbo

I've had the MIL light come on for over 6 months now and after replacing both oxygen sensors I'm going to change the MAP sensor.

I have the P023D "Powertrain" code which seems to point to the MAP sensor. After calling supercheap they said there were about 4 of them. I've ordered one off ebay that's for the inlet manifold as I'm assuming its the important one.

I'm wondering if its easy enough to change without having to unbolt everything, or if its better to have a mechanic change it ?

Thanks for any advice.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d
11 hours ago, Frang said:

Hi Does anyone have a photo of where this is on the inlet manifold ? I've been googling and can't find a picture of an XR6 Turbo

I've had the MIL light come on for over 6 months now and after replacing both oxygen sensors I'm going to change the MAP sensor.

I have the P023D "Powertrain" code which seems to point to the MAP sensor. After calling supercheap they said there were about 4 of them. I've ordered one off ebay that's for the inlet manifold as I'm assuming its the important one.

I'm wondering if its easy enough to change without having to unbolt everything, or if its better to have a mechanic change it ?

Thanks for any advice.

Very unlikely it's the TMAP at fault

Has the car been tuned/fiddled with?

Also the pic posted above is a non turbo TMAP sensor location. Turbo require removal of intake piping and throttle body to access the sensor.

• Member For: 6y 6m 25d

Thanks for the advice. I changed it this morning. I only had to remove the pod filter to get enough hand room. I have no idea what has been done to car, I bought it in January from Gumtree (car dealer in WA) and had it freighted to NSW. I know the air intake has been changed, otherwise I have no idea.

I'll test it out for a couple of weeks and if the light comes back on I will probably be asking for more advice

• 3 months later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Man you're going to have to notify them somehow otherwise you won't get an answer.

The best way to do this is to use the @ symbol then type their username without a space like this @Chrisooo97