Fg Map Sensors

turbotrana

• Member For: 6y 6m 3d

Symptoms @Chrisooo97 are mainly the annoying Lamp as it could be serious. The car sometimes acts like it's going to stall when Cold (never does), and smells bad at start up. I also have a gearbox issue 6speed auto) and when it's cold it has hard changes - which is the other reason the MIL comes on. I just hope the sensor issue isn't going to blow up the engine, I've changed 3 sensors now and still haven't been able to fix it.

• Member For: 6y 2m 15d

Mines throwing the codes boost sensor 'A' and a map sensor sensor code , the throttle is laggy and accelerates on its own at short bursts without me touching it , it surges in speed on the freeway when just cruising... I've cleaned the sensors and the wastegate actuator solonoid but in yet to test it out , its ovetboosting under hard acceleration and is only meant to make 15 but peaks to 25 psi ... I'm thinking maybe the actual wastegate actuator is stuffed so I'll probably replace that and the sensors and if that doesn't work then I'm clueless @Frang

Edited by Chrisooo97

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
57 minutes ago, Chrisooo97 said:

its ovetboosting under hard acceleration and is only meant to make 15 but peaks to 25 psi

In your other thread quoted below you said it isn't tuned, so it shouldn't be making 15psi.

I'd suggest driving it to the tuner gently with your injectors and fuel pump and ask them to fix it before you blow it up.

A tuner will have this solved, parts fitted and have it tuned in no time. 

On 13/01/2018 at 10:59 PM, Chrisooo97 said:

No it's not tuned but do have a fair amount already done but has been fine for the past 6 months , only lately has it been playing up , will be getting tuned once this problem is sorted with the 1000cc injectors and walbro 460intank fuel pump ( not fitted yet )  , the codes it is bringing up is , map sensor performance and boost pressure sensor , do you know where these two are located 

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

check this page out

https://fordforums.com.au/dtc/dtc.php

Code P023D does not show any results.

When I put the P0420 code, it says the following as a description: Catalyst system failure (I6 and bank 1 V8)

Mechanical information says: Catalyst has failed. Exhaust or induction system leaks.