Autometer Cobolt + Gauge Holder Help

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 21d

hey T lovers I have looking around and found a few things but didn't wanna did up an old thread to ask a question ..... as you all know with the auto-meter cobolt boost gauge you have to trim the threads down but by how much I ask ? hoe do you secure them in the holder as mine is loose or is that cause I haven't trimmed the threads down to get it in enough ? and another thing about wiring I want then to come on when I turn my parkers on I have had A look and haven't found a way to do it but just thought I might ask here before I start doing anything :D

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 22d

Impossible to fit them without trimming them, I cut mine down flat to the gauge. To make them tighter you can just wrap the gauge a couple of times with electrical tape

With wiring, both my oil press and boost run there lights off the spare light source behind the cigarette lighter. I ran my oil press power to my ignition wire

Edited by freeze_dk
  • Like 1

Mechanical of course not a fan of the elec boost gauge ... um the two gauge one from saas... and running it of the spare light source behind the cigarette lighter will that only come on with the lights or will it always be on ? im assuming that it will only come on with the lights on been one of them days :S

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 22d

Mines weird, when I unlock the car they both come on really dimm, with light on they light up like there suppose to and they don't turn off till I lock the car

ok so I have the boost gauge in and loving it its showing up 20 vac and 4-5 psi on boost so im guessing that is pretty right ?... and another thing I havnt orders my other gauge yet im going a oil press but not sure what one to get its between these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AUTOMETER-COBALT-DIGITAL-OIL-PRESSURE-GAUGE-6927-/310086722586?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item48329be41a&_uhb=1

or its the half sweep oil press im not going to pay almost $300 for the full sweep one that's just bloody crazy

• 9 months later...