Gtx3576R.

xrr40l

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 29d

I am keen to fit a full exhaust to mine before tune time as from what I have seen and been told there is a benefit in having the ability to make a lot more torque. This will require for me to pull the GT3576r and get a port, flapper and actuator done. While the turbo is off I would be happy to do the wheel upgrade for a bit more top end.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 12d

I have a GT3566r (machined 0.5 cover), ETM modified rear and 38mm Tial gate sitting at home......if its cost effective to put a modern billet wheel on that ill give it to ya cheap cheap as its just sitting around doing nothing. You would have the screamer to deal with though and plumbing that back would add to the cost though :-(

• Member For: 17y 10m 23d

IH8TOADS

Here's an example of what I understand to be an initial first run E85 tune (which appears to have previously been a 98 tune) which shows more boost early does not equal more torque early. In this case the boost on ramp up was slower with E85 and yet torque was higher/or no worse coming onto boost. Possibly due to more timing and earlier due to the use of E85 as indicated in my earlier post. Hence why IMO I would step up to a bigger turbo when using E85.

ChrisE85VsJet_zps2cb5a53a.jpg

this is from 2 different cars

• Member For: 19y 3m 3d

I'm looking at gtx3576 for mine as I only want 350rwkw and to keep as much response as possible due to having a manual,

From what I can see to make then fit you just put the core back into your original turbine housing and all the lines bolt back up, but you will need to modify the intake pipe and the outlet pipe where they connect to the turbo (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 25d

I'm looking at gtx3576 for mine as I only want 350rwkw and to keep as much response as possible due to having a manual,

From what I can see to make then fit you just put the core back into your original turbine housing and all the lines bolt back up, but you will need to modify the intake pipe and the outlet pipe where they connect to the turbo (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

I. think the stock housing also needs to be machined a bit to fit the larger compressor wheel of the GTX

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 18d

Just my two cents worth. I was considering the gtx3576 and the gtx3582. I ended up getting the gtx3582 and I am very happy with how responsive it is. I drive a manual fg xr6 turbo and there is no discernible difference between the gt3576 and the gtx3582 in lag. And it pulls like a train. I am making 345 rear wheel kilowatts at 3400 rpm.

• Like 2