Gtx3576R.

xrr40l

• Member For: 11y 10m 24d

I'm After some info on how the GTX3876r Responds compared to stock, Would like to maintain the same response or as much as possible and not pick up lag while getting more midrange and top end power.

If anybody has tried it please post with your exact turbo specs and how the turbo felt to drive.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 29d

IMO I looked at both the 76 and 82r's and for the price we all can get an 82r through joe @CMS it wasn't worth it for me to buy a smaller turbo for a higher price. The lag feels like it is next to nothing in an 82r. In fact it gives your rear tyres a bees d!ck more of a chance to start rolling before boost turns them to smoke. Still no hope in this problem but worth it never the less. "IMO". Boost starts coming on before 2000rpm and hits full boost by 2600-2700rpm in an 82r. The 82r is so drivable in fact that I wish I bought a gtx4202r.

Next question is, would you ever need 330kw under 2500rpm? Food for though maybe?

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

Have you driven a car with a GTX3576?

Ultimate turbo for a street driven car IMHO (especially if the car is manual) good for 370+rwkw on E85 and will smoke just about any other turbo spool wise at any speed considered legal on a public road

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 28d

Juggernaut, thst thread is really interesting. Quite a bit of low down torque is lost with the bigger turbo. Obviously offset with gains up top. For a street driven car that low down torque is what you really feel.

Have also been reading about good results with hta turbos.

• Member For: 14y 10m 10d

Spot on sixman - based on that comparison the GTX3582 is too laggy for my liking - and would be especially noticeable at part throttle applications as is 99% of the case in a street car.

I was tossing up with the GTX3576 or the HTA3582. I even considered the HTA3586, however the response I received back from Forced Performance recently was that the HTA3586 was 500rpm laggier than there HTA3582, That said - there is a Forced Performance HTA thread on the Skylinesaustralia forum and one of the posters switched from a GT3582 to HTA3586 and reported that the bigger HTA3586 spooled faster than the normal GT3582. Based on this you could assume the HTA3586 is significantly more responsive than the GTX3582

If I was using E85 the HTA3586 would get the nod - but here in Perth there are only a few United servos selling the stuff and none close to where I live. I'm keen to give the HTA3582 a try with BP98 as I think it would spool at least on a par with the GTX3576 and have more in the top end.

Edited by juggernaut