Fg 428Rwkws

MurdoK

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 8d

That dyno graph is a pretty good comparison of the effect of upgrading to a larger turbo. The boost on the low end is softened quite a bit on the bigger turbo.

and you really feel that too. with the 6 spd gearbox though its not hard to keep the revs where you need em.

was pretty surprised myself at the end result especially with the stock crossover but plan on hitting the strip soon to see what it actually puts out

• Like 2

• Donating Members

most full throttle sh*ts I remember aren't that amazing lol.

gear box has settled in nicely now and I recommend it for those thinking of doing it.

Edited by MurdoK
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

Sooo a bit of an update on things...

Powercruise happened and it was a bucket of fun. Still managed to get chopped by a lot of cars but had fun in the process. managed to scare a few of my mates which was even funnier.
nothing like screaming down the main straight then smashing the brake pedal hard trololol.
car didnt miss a beat and the still new nitto invos were excellent.however after the event the tyres have gone off :( and lost all that fantastic grip. Too much heat?

Next was a run down at the drags still with the invos on. Was really trying a few things to get confident and find out what is needed to run a good time. did not produce one good run but
was still a good night out with a few of the WA members.

Best time slip
img248_zps5de9243c.jpg

The next week was kindly offered to go down the strip again on a forum members Boganspeed, Nitto NT05 ET streets and try my luck.The track was prepped for an upcoming event so I couldnt
resist and headed on down again.The night was ruined with many cars dropping oil on the track and only got 3 runs done in 4hrs.
after 2 crappy runs I received a txt from Bogan saying "you need to do a big Smokey Burnout" so I did. Launched much better

img249_zps534e5033-1.jpg

Plenty left in it as I was all over the place on shifts and definitely more in the launch.

Next up was a trip to Simons @ XFT for some pump e85 goodness.

img250_zps65422c86.jpg

Yep e85 is good. 480rwkw @ 19psi.

The car has more urgency now compared to the pump tune and im sure it could probably get a tyre going as well...

480 must be pushing the upper limits of the stock motor(only valve springs fitted) so will be interesting to see what happens from here.

next up I plan on hitting the strip again. Mickey Thompson ETs and rims to suit will be purchased and ill endeavour to run a 10.

• Like 3

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 8m 7d

I would invest in a tailshaft upgrade, just sayin.

the only downside of the e85 is only getting 270-300km per tank

Edited by djkice
  • Like 1

• Donating Members

tailshaft built along with upgraded input shaft and built box.

your right about the economy. id do about 300kms if not less in a week so at the moment its not much of a problem.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Love how dusty old stock looking xr6 turbo engine bays are pumping out 600+hp and a skyline or similar would be blinged up to the sh*tter with shiny silver pipes and the like and pushing 350hp with 18psi of boost

• Like 3