Can't Get This Grin Off My Face

Hype

• Member For: 10y 7m 17d

New member here from the ACT.

I happened to stumble across this site while googling for some mods that people have done to their cars and decided to sign up too!

I picked up my first xr6 turbo after owning countless crappy jap cars (well not crappy but not ballsy). Went down to Melbourne and broke her in driving back to Canberra. Also picked up my new track bike! Whee

20121219_101012.jpg

Gave her a good tub when I got back and started looking online to modify bits I disliked about the car.

The first mod I did was to get rid of the sports bar and tonnue cover in favour of a hardlid. The boys at HSP looked after me and their colour matching was spot on.

20121220_072155.jpg

20121220_072200.jpg

with the new hardlid!

310068_337029469745714_446868585_n.jpg

Next the car was sitting a little high for my liking. So off to Capital Steering and Suspension to try to support the local businesses.

20130827_091401.jpg

20130827_091413.jpg

20130827_091408.jpg

After the boys were done with the ute. Lovells sport front spring and Koni shock coupled with a reset rear leaf, added an extra leaf to the pack and again Koni rear shock.

20130828_152125.jpg

20130828_152131.jpg

20130828_152136.jpg

The rear sits slightly higher than the front as I put heavy equipment in the back and trailer my two race bikes around.

Noticed tiny imperfections so decided to spend a weekend detailing the car.

20130109_124047.jpg

Future mods include upgrading the lighting system as they aren't the best lights in the world when you're driving at night. I also want to upgrade the brakes to get a little more bling and possibly different wheels as well as the rear wheels don't fill up the guards and it looks ordinary.

Following visual mods then perhaps look into some power mods. Bigger intercooler, injectors, fuel pump and a decent dump cat and exhaust. 300+ would be my ideal for an twice a week driver and tow machine.

You guys seem to have a great community and I'll be happy to be a part of it!

• Member For: 10y 7m 15d

hey mate, looks good! im pretty much in the same boat as you, im about to sign the dotted line on my new xr6 ute. one question though, did yours come with the soft cover? the dealer is trying to slug me another $700 for it when the brochure says its standard...? id like a hard cover but 3.5k from ford is a bit far fetched for me. are the aftermarket hard covers better priced?

im surprised to see your r6 has to be on an angle to have the tail gate up. only reason im buying a ute is to cart my zx636 racebike. and the dog.

looks nice anyway will post pics of mine when I pick it up

• Member For: 10y 7m 17d

Soft cover was standard on my ute. I believe its all standard for every ute even the base model so the dealer is definitely trying something dodgy there.

I only picked up my R6 just after I picked up the ute hence no trailer cuz I didn't have a car to tow with before. I now have 2 bikes that I race around with.

What tracks do you go to? I might see you out there or maybe at the races even.

Hard covers from Ford can be gotten from as low as $2300ish.

I paid $1500 for my HSP hardlid.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

Nice colour choice dude. Looks like a sensible list of plans!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 1d

My motocross bike had to be angled to close the tail. And every other bike for that fact that's been on it.

With having a BF though I could leave bikes straight and tie tail up at about 30-45 degree angle.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 30d

I've had 2 Harley's in my BF.