271Rwkw G6Et-More Mods-Your Thoughts

SeduceG6Et

• Member For: 11y 3m 16d

Hi guys. I am reasonably new to the whole turbo thing and also a Ford fan after a lifetime of being a Expensive Daewoo fan (V8's) so its great to read some of the threads to get some ideas. I now tell my Expensive Daewoo loving mates im not going to argue with you,just go and drive a late model XR6T or G6Et,lol.

Anyway,I bought a G6Et late last year and had it tuned plus ID1000 injectors. It made 271kws. Tomorrow its going in for the Nizpro cooler,Nizpro stainless exhaust (4 inch)with dual cats,dump and actuator. Firstly,what sort of power do you guys (and gals) think I might achieve without going too silly,this car will never see a drag strip or race track.

I have read some things about 4" exhausts droning but my tuner has said it will be fine so if anyone has this system it would be great to hear from you,thanks.

Also,with traction being a bit of an issue now its only going to make it worse although im not a hoon I do like to punch it now and then. I have owned some high powered S/C V8's and have never done burnouts on public roads but I would like more traction to go along with the increased power. I have 18' in wheels,what is the widest tyres I could put on those legally.

Any input would be awesome, Thanks again.

Edited by SeduceG6Et

you will nee to port the turbo unless you want to run 16-18 psi in the mid

Now that you mention it he did say something about porting the turbo and I just checked an email from when I was calling some tuners and it says something about porting the turbo bypass.

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
I
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift
English
Deutsch
Español
Français
Italiano
Português
Русский
alt
alt
Preferences
Edited by SeduceG6Et

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 3d

made 300 with same mods. car will be very punchy around town from down low. At the time I decided not to port turbo and peaked at 16 in the mid as Ratter points out.

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

18" rims have little bearing on width of tyre. You need to know the width of the rim. Factory are 8" wide so usually the widest people go is 255 but I think that is pushing it? 235 and 245 are common. Wider than that and you're looking for wider rims. You could also get an LSD put in her.

Look into the tyre threads to see what other people have to say about brands. I've used Kumho KU31 and Nitto Invo with good results and low 300's rwkw. Due to your smaller turbo you will spool faster and possibly break traction a little easier, so KU31's might not be good enough. Both tyres can be had cheap if you look around, site sponsor Taleb Tyres for example, or I get my KU31's fitted at KMart Tyre N Auto for cheap too (17" size but 235/45 width and profile, fitted and balanced for 169ea).

If you are willing to pay then you can get great grip, again look in the tyre threads.

Congrats on making to move over to boosted Fords!

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3d

I found in my g6e turbo that I have never done a single spinner from accelerating too hard. It has always kicked double leggars. I found that it is only when the car is going through a "snakey" that the G6E diff will spin one wheel 50% of the time but only when the rear end is sliding to the left, it will then kick double again when the ass slides to the right which makes getting the car under control from a out of control situation a bit of a mission. So IMO I don't think a LSD/locker(trutrac) will help in keeping the tyres from spinning, but it will help stop the car from performing differently when sliding from one side to the other.

I have not had much experience in finding grippy tyre as I always buy one of the cheaper tyre brands for the rear.

My G6E T is making about 400-410rwkw(made 380rwkw while spinning the tyres 600rpm faster then the dyno rollers and was told that would be about 30rwkw of loss) and I think that the main reason why my tyres break loose while driving hard is that I have had the G/box tuned and it now changes up gears very firmly, therefore starting the tyre spin.

Edited by AdamIan69

18" rims have little bearing on width of tyre. You need to know the width of the rim. Factory are 8" wide so usually the widest people go is 255 but I think that is pushing it? 235 and 245 are common. Wider than that and you're looking for wider rims. You could also get an LSD put in her.

Look into the tyre threads to see what other people have to say about brands. I've used Kumho KU31 and Nitto Invo with good results and low 300's rwkw. Due to your smaller turbo you will spool faster and possibly break traction a little easier, so KU31's might not be good enough. Both tyres can be had cheap if you look around, site sponsor Taleb Tyres for example, or I get my KU31's fitted at KMart Tyre N Auto for cheap too (17" size but 235/45 width and profile, fitted and balanced for 169ea).

If you are willing to pay then you can get great grip, again look in the tyre threads.

Congrats on making to move over to boosted Fords!

I shopped around and went with the Kuhmo KU22,they are still like new as I only drive the car on weekends but it still breaks traction when it hits second gear. As standard they do that flutter thing between gear changes,maybe the tuner can make it so its not so aggressive or just backs off a little as it changes,I dont know,the turbo stuff is still new to me but im learning.

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
I
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift
English
Deutsch
Español
Français
Italiano
Português
Русский
alt
alt
Preferences
Edited by SeduceG6Et

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 3d

I shopped around and went with the Kuhmo KU22,they are still like new as I only drive the car on weekends but it still breaks traction when it hits second gear. As standard they do that flutter thing between gear changes,maybe the tuner can make it so its not so aggressive or just backs off a little as it changes,I dont know,the turbo stuff is still new to me but im learning.

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
I
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift
English
Deutsch
Español
Français
Italiano
Português
Русский
alt
alt
Preferences

How you do that

Edited by MurdoK

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 12d

Hi mate, what's happening with your posts, it puts up a lot of weird letters and numbers coming down the screen, or is it my ipad getting some weird post

But anyway nice looking car, but I might be a bit biased to the model and colour