Bad Vibrations..

dave8888

• Member For: 11y 11m 26d

Hi guys for the last few days every-time I accelerate hard there is a noticeable vibration that is becoming worse and worse, seems to be under the driver I can feel it, also a bit of a rattling sound sometime.

Gearbox? tailshaft? any ideas guys.

When in neutral the car revs to 3-4000rpm, dies down then suddenly kicks around the rev limiter when my foot is flat to the floor.

A few of my transmission lines are hanging a bit low I think ive knocked a bracket (I think they are transmission lines).. could this also be a reason why?

• Member For: 11y 11m 26d

Hey again

Tail shaft was knackered, middle and end. New one was installed yesterday :)

335rwkw and not driven all that hard.. Didn't think it would go so quick ?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d

Well, my very bad vibrations were so bad it was gettin to the point of embarrassing with passengers in the car. Had to put the car into neutral at the lights to avoid shaking collecting loose change in the footwell :roflmbo:

But the thing was - all the other stuff that was starting to play up like the exhaust heat shield rattling like a tin drum as it worked it's clips loose :nono:

So took it around to PitLane in Frankston and Andrew there diagnosed it correctly - had the 2 engine mounts replaced and no more fierce vibrations :bliss:

Apparently it takes 4 hours for the drivers side mount to replace because of the turbo. Passenger side takes 1 hour. Also important to use the genuine Ford parts for this. Andrew recounted a horror story where someone had to bring their vehicle to PitLane after some other shop had done a replacement that lasted only a short while and it cost them owners double effectively.

In the pic - L-R is Driver side Engine Mount with significant deterioration and then Passenger side Engine Mount which was not so bad but pay to do both at the same time to ensure all vibrations are :runaway: My car is a XR6T BA 2004 - so almost 10 years old as of this post. Would say this would start to be a common thing happening with many of our cars that age now :omg:

uMiyi2G.jpg

Car feels much much better now - like when I first go it :beerchug:

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

Yeah this is something I'm thinking about more and more often. Loves to vibrate in gear at lights so I'm always in neutral. Ralphie reckons the solid billet mounts would be OK in an auto so possibly going to go that route when I can justify the spend. Car is approaching 7 years old and has ticked over 224,000km just this morning.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d

ticked over 224,000km just this morning.

:omg: I thought my 165,000km was gettin on !!!

Suggest you do it soon then Stevo - I can tell you now it's worth every cent :nod: Also, I was havin really strong shaking - it was startin to detrimentally affect other components which just adds up $$$ to repair as well. You know what they say - prevention way far better then the cure :beerchug:

• Like 2