V8 Supercars Winton Sun Aug 25

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

FordXR6Turbo V8 Supercars Winton Cruise

This is just a simple cruise up the Hume Freeway to Winton (near Benalla) then watching the spectacle that is the one and only V8 Supercars.

Sun Aug 25 looks good value with 2 qualifying sessions and 2 races.

11:05 Qualifying

11:30 Qualifying

13:35 Race 26

16:15 Race 27

So we'll be driving back home in the dark if you stay for the last race.

General Admission is $65 if buying on-line. In the past, on the Sat I've bought at the gate and got in okay - but that was like 3 years ago and prices were much less than now. I plan to buy my ticket on-line to ensure I can enter this time.

Plan to depart Wallan BP on the Hume Freeway at 8am to get there by about 10am to get a spot to settle into.

I don't plan on bringing a BBQ this time - bought one last time but not sure if the rules are stricter now :omg: Plenty of eateries track-side. Just bring some comfy folding chairs - maybe with some extra cushions.

Not meant to bring glass bottles of beer either from memory. Or any beer. But I don't remember anyone checking my boot for an esky or checking my esky once I was track-side.

Camera with telephoto lens are useful - your close to trackside - but not that close for normal 50mm camera lens. I've got a 210mm lens and it was just useable in my opinion.

So, please post up your interest below if you are keen to come along - it will be the first time I've seen the new Nissan and Mercs.

Cruise List

1. EvilDaifu

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d

We've got a dinner party on Saturday night Gaz. I'm still trying to decide if I'll go Saturday or Sunday (or not at all and go to Phillip Island instead).

I see they also want $65 for Saturday. That's an absolute joke!

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

So managed to fit in some good roads before the races started at Winton. Got there just before the first race.

Melbourne - Flowerdale - Yea - Mansfield - almost to Whitfield but turned off to head NW to Winton :drivingalong:

Here are some pics from Sunday - was the first time saw the Mercs and Nissans - the Mercs were the flame throwers :roflmbo:

XOPbsNo.jpg

BsPL8RT.jpg

l2EQv8w.jpg

k976QJ6.jpg

M894OIb.jpg

w4WGIvd.jpg

SPUk1fa.jpg

hpEJljc.jpg

MdOxHjq.jpg

vNwBSfF.jpg

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d

Looks good Gaz.

Just need to slow that shutter speed down and pan with the cars to get some motion blur into the shots and you'll be set.

I'm thinking about going to the V8's or MotoGP at Phillip Island if you're interested in having another crack at it.