Diff Ratio Change For A Zf Equipped Car

XF Falcon

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 9d

Hi all

Got a ZF 6spd auto XR6 Turbo with the standard 2.73 LSD ratio in the diff. The diff has held up perfectly with 500rwhp and its done many drag sessions with slicks and Powercruise,..etc.

But I'm looking to gain more off the line acceleration.

I used to know, but I have since forgotten, which other diff gears from BA/BF's fit into my stock diff housing, or which diff centres I can put straight into my car, which have a ratio of around 3.23 or 3.72 or something close to that?

Not really keen on putting in a True Trac or Kaaz centre as I'm pretty convinced the stock ones are strong enough and the LSD has worked perfectly every time for me so far.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d

3.45 or 3.46 can remember will be nice. But 1 and 2 in the six speed are low, so you are going to just turn the tyres to smoke.

• <put funny sh*t here>

Is the 3.46 a standard LSD ratio found in BA/BF's and if so which configuration? 4spd auto or 5spd manual..etc?

Arron the loss of traction in 1st and 2nd doesn't really phase me its already a bit of a handful but the slicks make a huge difference on the track so hopefully they do their job

• <put funny sh*t here>

Ok so the XR8 6 speed manual comes with a 3.46 LSD centre, any idea if that fits straight into the XR6 turbo diff housing or is it easier to just get a complete centre housing with gears in it and swap them over?

EDIT, just found this

4spd auto got 3.46
5spd manual got 3.23
6spd manual got 3.46 (BA2+)
6spd auto got 2.73 (BF+)

So looks like 4spd auto and 6spd manual were the same, wonder if they are the same strength

Edited by XF Falcon

• Member For: 11y 7m 29d

I have a zf auto and recently got a diff with 3, 73 ratio put in.

Freaking huge difference.

Car is so damn responsive. First is a bit short though. Wont make full boost. But then gives a massive kick into second.

I love it.

But id go with a 3.46 instead if I could.

5th tops out at 200. Ive always been too scared to fully load top gear. I cant afford it if the gearbox doesn't hold up.

I run 15-17psi and 328rwkw but then 317 after the ratio change. My tuner said its to be expected though. I dont know why.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

• Member For: 11y 7m 29d

Sorry for double post.

Just heads up.

My diff came from a bf2 turbo manual.

The diff hat didnt line up with my diff bush. But the hats were interchangeable.

Also the pinion to tailshaft flange was different also. Also easily changeable with the standard diff.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4 Beta