Engine Oil Cooler Kit I Made.

slygary

• Member For: 11y 2m 15d

This is a engine oil cooler kit I made up using a Setrab oil cooler panel and Aeroflow sandwich adaptor and AN10 fittings.IMG_0965_zps9847d99f.jpg

IMG_0990_zps8e3bbaa4.jpgJust enough room under the plastic cover behind the grill.IMG_1008_zpsc66214a8.jpgThe mounting brackets I made at work.IMG_1007_zps3a55669b.jpgPainted ready for installation.IMG_1009_zps6bdfcf7d.jpgMore pics of installation and hose rauting.IMG_1014_zpsbeedb465.jpgIMG_1016_zps5ddbc7ba.jpgIMG_1019_zps571a43db.jpgIMG_1023_zps689c9f68.jpgIMG_1025_zpsdc505904.jpg

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Yep, have a small intercooler. This will not work with most large intercoolers.

For BA BF look at the PWR one. I copied theirs and did my own with fan and thermostat.

PWO6700.jpg

Edited by arronm
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 2m 15d

The oil cooler kit cost me $650 - $700. The sandwich adapter, hose and fittings are all from eBay. The oil cooler is SETRAB witch I got through work being in the radiator industrial cooling industries, they are top quality great product. The bracket I custom made and designed myself at work, also the rubber mounts on the bracket are a must to soak up vibrations. It just fits in behind the grill with 2-3 mm clearance. I put it behind the grill to get a natural air flow which is the coolest. And yes arronm if you have the larger stepped intercooler nothing will fit behind the grill. When I was doing my research into doing this I seen a couple people mounted them under the car somewhere or behind the bumper and did not have a fan like above. That's a great oil cooler kit arronm.