Fg N/a Exhaust System ?

BOT096

• Member For: 11y 2m 12d

Hey guys I am just looking at getting and exhaust for my N/A g6e but just not sure what to go and wondering what options are out there ? I have been just look at the xforce 2.5 inch catback system and just not sure weather I want the extractors or not ? I want to keep a nice quiet note but when I get up it for it to let out abit of a nice noise. I don't want it to crackle and pop. Also not very interested in making that much power might just get a tune afterwards ? Open to all opinions ?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 6d

If you're going to tune it down the track then you want extractors back, if just after a sound then catback is good. A lot of us turbo guys are deleting just the rear muffler and giving a good note, not sure if that's an option for NA's. Only costs $200 or so

Oh Kk yer well I can get a xforce for about 400 bucks for catback and I was just thinking about doing that and if it doesn't go right I can just buy extractors but do you know if there is any other nicer sounding exhaust then xforce or is that one of the better brands ?

• Donating Members

That's good for price, is that fitted? The catback will just be a straight bolt up for future upgrades

Haven't heard much.. I know red back do one, maybe search on youtube n use that as a gauge as for how deep they sound, won't be that accurate though

Only thing I can imagine between turbo as NA with muffler delete is the size difference between the stock systems. Turbo is 3" stock but NA might only be 2.25 or 2.5". May be a me to get a second hand turbo catback with muffler delete cheap, see them come up every now n then

That's good for price, is that fitted? The catback will just be a straight bolt up for future upgrades

Haven't heard much.. I know red back do one, maybe search on youtube n use that as a gauge as for how deep they sound, won't be that accurate though

Only thing I can imagine between turbo as NA with muffler delete is the size difference between the stock systems. Turbo is 3" stock but NA might only be 2.25 or 2.5". May be a me to get a second hand turbo catback with muffler delete cheap, see them come up every now n then

That's not fitted and the N/A are 2.25 pretty sure also thought about the turbo exhaust but I rang an exhaust place about doing that and they reckon its to much feel like your towing a trailer full of sand and just drink your fuel ?

• Donating Members

Yea with that much difference might be too much, you need back pressure with NA. Id say you'd be looking at about $600 fitted then.

Maybe enquire about deleting one muffler n replacing it with either a straight pipe or a hotdog. Cost me $100 to do myself but guys have paid about $200-$300 on their turbo's. depends what you want I guess.