Diff Bushes Cost To Replace Fg

BTC

• Member For: 12y 6m 11d

Hey all

Just got an FG manual turbo sedan mk2 2012. They're pretty good cars!

Contemplating modifying it before the warranty is up.(injectors, chip and cat only - aiming for about 300rwkw)

Sounds like the most common issue is the diff bushes.

What is the approx hours/cost of labour to do this and also the cost of upgraded items if you had to do this job outside warranty - how many bushes need replacing?

Do the upgraded items minimise axle tramp?

Nice responsive power stock but almost too refined hahah ;)

Edited by BTC

• Member For: 11y 8d

To do diff bushes you have to drop the rear cradle and shops will slug you for labour.

I did mine at 30k km as I was getting rear camber arms put in which is a cradle out job so did it all in one go.

I asked the guy how my stock diff bushes were and they had small cracks which confirmed the occasional diff thud I was getting when flooring in 2nd.

Set me back $1500 for super pro comfort series front and side diff bushes, lower control arm bushes and adj camber arms with wheel alignment, supplied and fitted.

I'd try getting them done thru warranty from Ford and ask the dealership if you can supply superpro bushes for the install as that would be a lot cheaper.

But if you're not getting the diff thud yet I'd just enjoy the car for now and slowly get the superpro bushes in for when the time comes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorculture mobile app

Edited by vxr50t