Front Diff Bushes Bf Tt

Aaron12257

• Member For: 11y 5m 6d

Hi Guys,

Just got the TT serviced and the mechanic told me that the front diff bushes will need replacing, they have quoted me $1,100 to do this. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is a fair price, I have heard that it is a big job to do.

Cheers,

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d

How can you judge what a workshop should charge with such little information about the job?

Firstly, I strongly suggest that you do not fit the nolathane bushes for the front diff on your territory. Do not use any polyurethane in that area, we have seen many issues with vibrations after install.

Another issue is that the front driveshaft can easily be unbalanced and having it rebalanced generally means a visit to Ford

• Member For: 11y 11d

Turbo territory's chew out the rubber bushes constantly. The noelathane bushes have a lifetime warranty and voided sections to minimize NVH, yes not as good at reducing NVH as rubber but still I would much prefer knowing that I don't need to replace it every 6 months. And FYI go to the noelathane website and read to fitting instructions for these bushes. Any mechanic that would charge nearly $1000 in labour, so lets say 10 hours labour need to take a good look at themself as they are ripping people off.....

• Like 1

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

That's all good and well, but have you considered that perhaps the quoted mechanic is not using the two piece nolathane product?

These bushes may last longer than original but at what cost?

The original style steel cased bushes require a lot more time to install.

Again, from experience I can't recommend fitting polyurethane bushes in the front diff, regardless of how easy they are to install.

• Member For: 11y 11d

Even if they are using genuine rubber ones, they can be purchased on eBay for about $80 each and do take a bit more to fit but defiantly not an all day job. People have been quoted $500 for the same job which is more reasonable I think.

In all honestly you can tell me you would hand over more then $1000 for only two bushes. I think not.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

EBay....always eBay...

Do you think a mechanic with overheads buys his parts from eBay and then passes them on at the same price? I think not...

My point is not about if I would pay that price, my point is to say that it is very presumptuous to comment on any quoted price without knowing more detail.

Also, rather than rubbish some workshop that utilises local part suppliers, why not just suggest that the OP should shop around a little for a better install price?

• Member For: 13y 25d

Ive fitted super pro bushes to my mates tt and that's front and rear it took me 8 hours . Not much noise at all. Heaps better feel of the road. By the way ford will do the front bushes for around $850. Im a mechanic my self and its definitely wouldnt go rubber especially if your going for some power as they dont last. Hey pat ive got a question about those xyz coil ogver kits for tts. Are they falcon suspension with modded front shocks to bolt to the fork cause those front springs look pretty pissy, reason being is this same territory with the super pro diff bushes has this xyz kit its lowered about 35mm -40mm and with the shock fully adjusted to firm it hits the bump stop all the time.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

Hey pat ive got a question about those xyz coil ogver kits for tts. Are they falcon suspension with modded front shocks to bolt to the fork cause those front springs look pretty pissy, reason being is this same territory with the super pro diff bushes has this xyz kit its lowered about 35mm -40mm and with the shock fully adjusted to firm it hits the bump stop all the time.

Yep, pretty much the same thing mate - spring quality is not the best, you can adjust it every 3 months but they sag under the weight of a falcon let alone the territory...