Front Diff Bushes Bf Tt

Aaron12257

• Member For: 11y 5m 7d

Hi guys, thought id let you know how I went. I ended up taking the TT to a mechanic that I have used before (Jax), I got the bushes replaced and two new tyres fitted all for under 1K. Deffinately pays to shop around.

thanks for all your info.

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 1m 15d

Bit of thread dig here, apologies in advance.

I just bought a Territory recently and finally picked it up today, drove 9 hours home and notice vibration from the front end that starts from 60-110+kph.. Driving in a straight line and taking a slight right turn at speed is a constant vibration, come to a sweeping left turn and it disappears!!

(Vibration is constant with road speed not engine rpm)

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 20d

Just payed $1010 for genuine diif bushes + new rubber bushes for the front sway bar. inc labour. - my diff bushes were shot badly.

dropped down the sub frame and power steering rack. , removed the intercooler for the cradle.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

Did you do the third diff bush also (drivers side)? Mine is still standard but it may have had it also even though my dodgey photos I took seem to suggest it's ok but have hear it's a bastard of a job just for that bush...

I had the two passenger side diff bushes replaced as they were rooted and bought the whiteline brand (black two piece each bush) as they were softer than the pedders brand but identical in fitting and make. Cost me $110 for the bushes and my mechanic charged me $350 for labour as I told him blokes can do it in the driveway in 3hrs!

Also had my front diff breather break a while ago and there is only 2 inches left on the hose. It has spewed whatever oil it needed out and I checked it which it is low but still ok for now although the breather is impossible to get unless you have stick arms!

• 1 year later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7d

Changed mine today -2 hours at the most , with a friend that has air tools and hoist - remove pass side tire and rotor   - undo 3 bolts move diff over to driver side about 30 or 40 mm , cut out old shell and replace with new  ( bit of mucking around ) replace everything - surprised us how quick we did it  - should cost couple hundred - depends what they charge per hour 

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7d

Looks lot harder then it really is - machanic mate thought had to pull off lots of bits and pieces but we looked on Internet and seen it wasn't that hard so thought try it - he thought was going take 8/10 hours do it too - also thought gearbox was clunking when changing gears , turned out to be the bushes too so I am happy now lol

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 7y 6m 2d

Did mine yesterday it's a messy job the bushes look like a war zone when you finally get them out. I threw my daughter's territory up on the hoist to havea llook and noted that they have already been done but whoever did it didn't orientate the bushes properly. Rears slots should be vertical front 45 degrees from vertical clockwise looking at it from the wheel bay. Cheers