senna_T

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 24d

Was not aware this was how first response medical treatment was delivered in over road races, makes sense for the best response time I guess. Quite an interesting talk.

https://youtu.be/MsZBXlTHPCg

I didnt actually realise that the guy giving the lecture was infact Dr John Hinds until afterwards which saddened me alot, seemed like such a great guy that voulenteered his own time, money, skills and saved the lives of many of the riders that compete in these races. He passed away after having an accident whilst responding to one in an event a few months ago.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/tt-road-races/2015/july/doctor-john-hinds-has-died/

Sad, bloody legend though.

Wow, never knew these people existed, but yes it does make sense, and it is a great loss.

On a positive, there seemed to be quite a large team and hopefully more bike riding doctors will be inspired by this selfless individual :original:

• Like 2

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 20d

We just spent the day on the dyno and the drag bike is all done.

Low boost is 11psi and 300hp/155ft/lb.

We found the limit of the stock coils at 17 psi with 360hp and a killer 190ft/lb !

I was hoping for 380 or more but always knew the ignition would limit us at some point.

Then it was time to set up the antilag boost building function.

We managed to get 6.5psi at 6000rpm.

I can tell you that sitting at the startline on this thing when its popping and cracking like a demon is something else !

Im super stoked and cant wait to ride it in two weeks !

post-48538-0-89361800-1446550393_thumb.j

Edited by Boganspeed
  • Like 4

• Will do skids for food

There's a gopro vid a few pages back.

The sound on my phone doesn't do those dyno videos justice. Especially when it really ramps up the boost and shoves the front wheel into the dyno.

Edited by Boganspeed

• Will do skids for food

Hows this?

This is my engine builder and tuner, Brett Ghedina from Pace Motorsports with his own race bike on the Tokyo Motorsport dyno today.

This bike is a Honda CBR929 running full alcohol, a GT28 and as youd expect, a fully built motor.

This run was 380hp at around 18 psi boost.

The alcohol fumes in the dyno room were so toxic that I bailed out after this run.

I prefer to go blind by conventional methods.

He eventually got this to 25psi and 470hp, but he couldnt get the additional methanol cooling injector to spray so he could squeeze even more boost into it.

He is expecting to reach 28psi and over 500hp!

From a CBR929 FFS !!!!

This bike has already run mid 7's. His personal goal is to run a 6 on an aussie designed and built, no bar bike.

Edited by Boganspeed
  • Like 3