Xr6 Turbo Nationals

HIRO F6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d

I would say Vic would be towards the top. There is plenty of 10sec Ts in Vic.. A few 9sec ones.. There is alot of guys on Facebook page ...FORCED6COMMUNITY that run 10s that are not on the forum.

Edited by Pazzo XR6T

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9d

You will generate more interest on FB man.

Not a bad idea, but blood hard to get a 100 (?) cars organised and a big ask to risk a breakage ionterstate for some people.

Edited by Henz
  • Like 1

• Member For: 15y 2m 9d

We'll get you home Henz.

I think Sydney is the best option.

A wise man once said "If you build it, they will come".

I know of about 8 cars aiming to be in the 8's this year. Plus you got the VL with a 4L running 7.6's. You would obviously have class racing as well for ZF's and even stock turbo classes. Personally I'd love to see all the tough utes in a class chase down the record. Who wouldn't want to watch all that in one day?

• Like 1

• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 15y 6m 18d

I reckon you would need to make it a bit of a show and shine sort of modeled on powercruise but just for xr6ts. I cant offer much time karl but ill put my hand up. would need to make some sort of deal like the circuit racing boats do. pay fuel to event or something. would need a lot of sponsors I would say or some big ones

• Like 1

I think your on the money Matt.

But what motivates the guys to do the Snowy Mountains cruise? To get together. Take the sponsors dollars out of the equation, that also has to be a motivating factor for members too. Seeing all of our best cars in the one place and hope of watching a record be set has to come second.

I still come back to, THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THE DECISIONS ON THIS FORUM HAVE TO BELIEVE IN IT. Or I'm wasting my time.

I know blokes up here in QLD that go down to Heathcote for the Ford Nationals. As if Street Fords wouldn't support the event. We are there new target audience.

I wouldn't want it to share the lime light with any Holden's though. Tell 'Em to pull the pin. We got something better in the works.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

You got my support mate, I don't have the time I would like but I will do what I can. Anything that promotes track based racing and get it off the street, get like minded people together I'm all for it

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

I'd be willing to go to Sydney for something, at least as a spectator none the less!

Street fords could get an entire feature out of an event like this! You'd probably get some of the wildest xr6turbo's in aus there.

It'd be a huge effort to get it all together but if it happened I reckon it would be pretty good.

Maybe with the whole parts issue thing we can get one of the major tuning sponsor's on here closest to the track to stock up on things like tailshafts etc and have a team of guys available for the weekend to do any repairs if need be (obviously at a cost). Even if someone could offer free towing we could get cars back to their workshop to be fixed

I would look at working out some basic costs first up and just casually asking around for sponsors and get a list of people who would be very interested in attending. I guess from there if it seems viable it could be pursued?