Xr6 Turbo Nationals

HIRO F6

• Member For: 15y 2m 8d

Here's an idea,

If building and racing XR6 Turbo's was turned into a State of Origin battle, who would win?

My money's on QLD?

It also brings me back to an suggestion I had years ago, why do we not have a Nationals? Besides a Snowy Mountain cruise, why do we not have a national event?

WRX's do, EVO's do. VLs did. With so many off shoot forums with our cars these days, why don't we once a year have one event where each forum is represented. How many of these things run 10's at a test and tune? Why not hire a track on the east coast and put 100 of these cars on it?

I'd be happy to pull an event like this together with my own time, no money my way. But not without the support of this forum and the others to make it happen.

There must be a reason why this has never happened before.

Imagine this.

Friday Night - Dyno comp at a Brisbane workshop

Saturday - Track hire at Willowbank

Sunday - Happy laps at QR

It won't work if it doesn't include everyone. All XR6T forums. I'd even go as far as offering assistance in someway to our brothers in WA that want to bring their cars over. No one neds to make money from the event. But what sponsor wouldn't make publicity from being on our main stage.

Edited by Dagabond
  • Like 3

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 22d

I'd definitely make the trip up for something like this.

Edit: I'd been even more keen in NSW ;)

Edited by TomT

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 2d

Maybe sydney so it's half way for the qlders and mexicans?

plus beating NSW on their home turf always feels better

• Like 2

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 22d

I hope no fights break out when the 600rwkw S.A cars run 13s on NSW track..

:stirthepot:

• Like 4

There's no reason why it can't happen. If the right "people" work towards making it happen it will happen.

To be honest, if the planning started today it still may be next year before it could happen. It would come down to track availability.

I'd want to see it officiated as a XR6 Turbo Nationals supported by all the forums and businesses that support these forums. Plus us blokes who throw our support behind them.

Problem I found in the past is the powers that be had no care for it.

When was the last time this forum did a track day?

All I ask, is if you read this post then make sure you comment of some sorts.

That alone will decide what kind of support there would be for this kind of an event.

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

I hope no fights break out when the 600rwkw S.A cars run 13s on NSW track..

:stirthepot:

yeh top one mate ............................................ :ermm:

There's no reason why it can't happen. If the right "people" work towards making it happen it will happen.

To be honest, if the planning started today it still may be next year before it could happen. It would come down to track availability.

I'd want to see it officiated as a XR6 Turbo Nationals supported by all the forums and businesses that support these forums. Plus us blokes who throw our support behind them.

Problem I found in the past is the powers that be had no care for it.

When was the last time this forum did a track day?

look , no one can be farked doing anything these days were all to busy to frequent our own local strip let alone travel interstate

been there done that ( the travelling thing )

in theory it sounds great but there ( IMHO ) isnt enough support to do something like this, but best of luck with it

hire of AIR is fairly cheap and its a new strip and completely 1/2 way from everywhere , just sayn

• Like 2

look , no one can be farked doing anything these days were all to busy to frequent our own local strip let alone travel interstate

been there done that ( the travelling thing )

in theory it sounds great but there ( IMHO ) isnt enough support to do something like this, but best of luck with it

hire of AIR is fairly cheap and its a new strip and completely 1/2 way from everywhere , just sayn

So how do the EVO's pull it off? Isn't there more of us then there was or has ever been VL's?

Can someone tell me how many XR's have actually ran under a 11? There's at least a dozen workshops that say they support these cars. Well I say, show me you do.

Trust me. If this is going to happen I will be on the phone to Spiro saying "put that bloody motor into a car" :)