JETURBO

Jet's Tuning (Oh No)

Impellor.... if u have a probklem with mick either piss off and send him a pm or write a wiki page about it coz no one on here gives a fukkkkk!

Dude, I can't see anywhere where Mick singled you out or even hinted this was about you.

Adam, this is not about me. Its about tuning practices. Mick has his way and I don't subscribe to his way of thinking,in my particular case.

Cheers

Iam proud of u guys :P

Without knowing it uve taken after my lead at making threads fun !

On a side note please dont piss off mick because EVERYONE can agree that his knowledge is invalueable and definately should be respected

Cheers

Cheers

Edited by [email protected]

On it timmy !!

I will take guesses on what it could be ok guys and who ever gets closest to the answer will get a " sa hi flowed BBM manifold "

Start guessing guys :P lolol

well done jet, glad your going through with it.

how old are the rest of the people in the class btw?

all round the 20-25 range as its apart of their diploma for cirt 4 ( as appy mechs )

Which TAFE is this through?

croydon automotive tafe in SA

On a side note please dont piss off mick because EVERYONE can agree that his knowledge is invalueable and definately should be respected

Nah, that guys got no idea, always talking his usual sense, we need more COWBOY TUNERS, bring back the WOG !!!

Adam, this is not about me. Its about tuning practices. Mick has his way and I don't subscribe to his way of thinking,in my particular case.

Cheers

I'm a little disappointed I do not get your approval, how about I post about it on wikipedia, get a couple others to contribute to it, will that be acceptable then?

If they knew in advance how much timing your car would take, why did you even need a custom tune?

the main thing is you are happy.

Nah, that guys got no idea, always talking his usual sense, we need more COWBOY TUNERS, bring back the WOG !!!

iam comming lol, can u imagine how far ill beable to push 1o44 ? 600kw here we come

Thanks mate, there can be several ways do lots of different tasks, not everyone agrees with others ideas or methods, but at the end of the day I would rather know how close an engine is to pinging and possibly doing damage when it leaves my shop.

Can't believe how naive impellor is. His car is tuned on a piece of string which is pretty much everything he is against.

I thought you were about facts not guesses.

Fact: no one can accurately tell you how long the piece of string is without reaching the end of it.

Cheers

Hi JET,

congratulations on taking the course.

I have been installing and tuning standalone efi systems for over 15 years, one thing you must remember is "YOU NEVER STOP LEARNING".

This type of work to me isn't a job, it's my passion.

As for learning with Autronic SM4 ecu's, I have used all Autronic ECU's for many years.

When you get into using the Auto-Tune function and Maths Key tuning from Data Logs, I am sure you will smile.

Let the software do the work for you.

All tuning software is only as good as the operator, grasp a full understanding of the software you wish to use.

Ask as many questions as possible, when given an answer, don't be affraid to ask to explain it again if you don't get a grip on it.

You can be assured there will be others in the class that don't get it either.

Well done, good luck.

Regards

Dave.

My brief to RDP was safety as the priority. Now, "if we put 9 degrees in at 4000rpm with your mods. We would have seen pinging. that's what many years of dyno tuning 100's of XR6 Turbo's will tell you. Now when you have done enough of these things you will learn where the thresholds are". But seeking to always hit the ping threshold, I believe your working on the edge. Which could end badly. So no Mick, I don't agree with your philosophy at all.

Cheers

To me that's far to general. I would prefer the tuner has the knock box rigged up and will have as much of a play around as they need to get the tune "safe"

Doing runs under different ramp rates and even driving around on the street with the knock box are things can tell you a much different story than "she'll be right mate, we will just keep it below 9 degrees"