1/8 Mile Ets

berry

• Member For: 11y 6m 6d

Just raced my BA XR6T at "RACE YA MATES " at Steel City {Whyalla} 9th Feb.As we in SA are starved of a place to race because of AIR's continual problems,eighth mile racing is better than nothing.I ran a best of 8.655/88.58mph with a 2.208 60 ft.Obviously the 60 could be better and I'm wondering what I could do to improve.Specs-CAPA I/cooler,42 lb injectors,Plazmaman intake piping kit,3 1/2" dump into 3" single system,K&N panel filter & Heinrich tune.Kumho Ecsta 235/45 x 17 rubber @ 22psi.Pretty disappointed w/time although it was coming on strong at the finish.On a happier note it was a really good day and I certainly had fun.I should point out I am 64 years old and haven't raced since the late 1970's. Middle age crisis maybe? Whatever,I'll be back for sure,hopefully quicker and faster.A pat on the back to the staff and officials of Steel City Drag Club for a great day's racing,see you next time!

""

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 6m 6d

Yeah,I wish, M/T or Nitto street slicks next on the agenda along with new valve springs.Should add it made 274rwkw on Bruce's dyno.

Edited by berry

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 25d

Gee big love for the 1/8th then haha keep a eye on these dates bloke

c4EYWKM.png

Edited by J@SNOT

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Just checked my PB timeslip, 1/8 mile (660') time was 7.869. Went on to run 11.94 here at the Motorplex in WA.

th_IMG_0185toPost.jpg

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 7d

Just raced my BA XR6T at "RACE YA MATES " at Steel City {Whyalla} 9th Feb.As we in SA are starved of a place to race because of AIR's continual problems,eighth mile racing is better than nothing.I ran a best of 8.655/88.58mph with a 2.208 60 ft.Obviously the 60 could be better and I'm wondering what I could do to improve.Specs-CAPA I/cooler,42 lb injectors,Plazmaman intake piping kit,3 1/2" dump into 3" single system,K&N panel filter & Heinrich tune.Kumho Ecsta 235/45 x 17 rubber @ 22psi.Pretty disappointed w/time although it was coming on strong at the finish.On a happier note it was a really good day and I certainly had fun.I should point out I am 64 years old and haven't raced since the late 1970's. Middle age crisis maybe? Whatever,I'll be back for sure,hopefully quicker and faster.A pat on the back to the staff and officials of Steel City Drag Club for a great day's racing,see you next time!

""

Good onya berry,sounds like you had a really good day. Pity its been 30 odd years since your last lot of racing though!