Has Anyone Here Owned Both A Ve Ss Ute And A Fg Xr6T Ute?

GSR

• Member For: 12y 10m 17d

If so, would you be able to break down the major pros and cons of each for me? As far as I'm aware it's a lot cheaper to get power out of the XR6T's but the SS handles better?

Cheers

Edited by GSR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 19d

I have owned Ve ss ute

And

Bf turbo ute and now fg f6 sedan

The ve definatly does not handle well in my books. The bf ute didnt handle very well either though. The both very much same same mid range (price) vehicle but if I had my choice the xr6 is going to bring more comfort and much more fun to play with.

I'm torn between the two and have around 35k to spend. So far the Xr6T seems to be pulling ahead but I can't seem to find any I like, where as I have found a VE Bogan special that looks great. I feel like I'll regret not getting the turbo though.

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

utes I havent owned but driven...

owned a bf2 x6t and now an fg f6 and work at holdens and drive ss a lot and every time I get in one im still dissapointed...

crap economy, crap power, depending auto or manual the auto is poo as! however it looks nice imo...

personally id be devo if I made the decision to buy one over a xr6t

the last 100 people who have bought a ss at the dealer im at 97 of them have a gm employee discount which is the only reason why they bought it.

just saying

I will be going manual that is certain. However you guys have pretty much sold me on getting an xr6t, even though I think the VE Bogan special is a nicer looking car. I'd much rather have a car that looks and performs well.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 4m 14d

When it comes to utes I wont...

Had an FPV BA Ute then an SSV Ute, the SSV was a better car all round to me the only failing I could give it was cruise on a stick rather than on the steering wheel. I liked the previous interior to the current one better as well (dont like the air vents on the current model) even over the FG.

Novating over 3 years I havent worried about wasting money on mods on either other than lowering so I cant enter that argument.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

Utes having driven my XR6T and my old mans Bogan special ute.. I'd give it to the SS (un-modded of course).. SS drove far better with a decent load in the back..

Fun factor XR6T sh*ts all over the SS though..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 17d

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one. I am amazed by people who need someone to tell them what to buy.

I realize you asked for comparisons, but have you driven either? Late model camira ute is far quieter than a Falcon ute. Falcons are

noisy in the cab(road noise).

Turbo will sh*t over the Commy V8 in the go department, and a lot cheaper to mod. As stated, the Expensive Daewoo auto is a puss box, but

if you are looking at manual, wont matter.

I dont like the Commy ute in the vision area, too much of a blind spot looking out the sides compared with the Falcon.

You have to ask yourself honestly what you want out of either, and make up your own mind.