jim985

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 14y 11m 22d

I will pull the column back out and carefully check the wires that came with it. I guess I could splice in the original wires, except for the ones connected to the ignition.

I will charge the battery and check the fuses also. Hope this works.

Thanks for all the help guys.

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 10m 26d

G,day all.I am new to all this so please excuse my noobness.Stupid question, but why doesn,t anyone just put their ignition switch back together instead of buying a whole new/secondhand column.My BA11 switch failed - started by intermitant no start and wipers and a/c not working.Then the ass fell out of the ignition switch. I just put switch back together and redid the factory 4 crimps around the end of the plastic bit where the wires connect.Put some epoxy over it for good measure though.

• 4 years later...
  • Member For: 6y 3m 26d

Hi everyone,

So Ive done as much reading as possible on this problem however Im stuck. My key would not spring back into the acc position after starting and I had to manualy do it myself. I decided to attempt to fix it myself however after removing the ignition switch and the key barrel, the part that sits behind it or mates with the barrel is stuck in a postion where it will not rotate and so I cannot align my key barrel during re assemble. Can anyone tell me how to remove this or fix this? Ps reference link for the picture.

Edited by Qvas
Added info

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

if he comes to you, it doesn't sound like a kit... :stirthepot:

anyway... did you use this service? or just talking about it?

and :Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Member For: 6y 3m 26d

So initially I thought it was my key barrel however learned that it was my ignition switch like most peoples but by the time I figured it out I had already removed my key barrel causing a saftey mechanisim within the column to engage and therefor you cannot reinstall the key barrel without resetting it. Lock smith came out today and drilled a hole underneath it to reset it. All fixed now.