Oil Change Fg Xr6T

CDR_078

• Member For: 12y 4m 9d

gonna drop the oil on my FG turbs tomorrow, just wanted to check how much oil these things use (capacity)? Anyone running the Castrol Magnatec 0W-40? Going to give it a sump full of that and see if theres any difference between that and the Valvo.

Cheers

• Member For: 11y 6m 17d

im pretty sure they take around 6.8L of oil. so ull need 2 5L bottles either way. let us know how the 0w40 goes thinkin bout putting it in mine when it comes time to change the oil

• Member For: 11y 8m 28d

yes my first post indeed!! how can it be a good lubricating oil if its "sticking" to engine components, wouldnt it be creating abit to much friction?? and what happens when you change the oil?? some of its gona stick in places if that's what it does and over time will create problems.. give magnatec another 5 years on the market and see the results within engines using it.. dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with castrol, I used it in my WRX but have since upgraded to a 2012 XR6 Turbo in manual, best move ever!!.. I just wont ever grasp the concept of an oil that sticks to engine parts as opposed to creating a film of oil like normal engine oil should?.. that's just my 2 cents

Edited by XRSEXT