Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

Just did a large reply and it failed :(

The gist of what I replied......

Spinning- great reply mate, definitely will delve deep with the questions when speaking to the seller! I have a good radar for genuine sellers and sellers that are hiding something lol

Ralph Wiggum- Wow you have me a little keener now! Will definitely get him to shoot me through a lot more info including the rear sus. What was Nizpro's set-up?

Will get in touch with Nizpro as well.

Bonjaz- very good thought to keep in mind, I'd allow for myself to have $3-4k sitting there ready for general maintenance and tuning on top of the purchase price, as yes indeed, it is an older vehicle now even if it has some tough components in it

• Member For: 10y 3m 17d

I wouldnt call GTR rims a 'cheap rim'

Up until recently they went for 2+K for a set 2nd hand which is more than what most people on here would spend new

HE would have had to get the centerbore machined or run a spacer as nissan centerbore is smaller (im running V35 skyline rims on my ute and it needs 8mm slip on on the front and 5mm on the back)

The new front bar / bonnet seems a pretty common mod, the old man I bought mine off did it too (included perfect condition original stock bar too) so not always acco damage

Yeah wasn't dissing the 34r rims locky, I know their value well....I'm an import lover lol. But as far as 18" forged rims with decent width/ offset go, they are well priced, going for as low as 1400 now. I'll ask about fitment, cheers for the tip!

Ralph, lol ok will do. I'm guessing the leaf springs are gone if it's the one? :P

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

I saw under a ute once that had a full suspension set up in the rear, got to drive it too. Similar power to mine (300 something). Barely noticed a difference to mine handling wise but then again I'm not an expert. Also I've never driven a B series ute let alone enthusiastically.

• Member For: 15y 3m 13d

I'd be finding out who did the work and does he have invoices to prove it. Graham West, Bruce? Cool. Backyard job or no receipt? Avoid.

The box won't have any issues with rego if you're in SA too. You don't need to go to regency for same state rego transfer. If it's been done properly regency won't have a problem with it anyway, they would have a problem with a lot of stuff on it though. Has to be stock to pass but that's a different kettle of fish.

The whole carbon vinyl everywhere makes me wonder how old the guy is. But that may be just different tastes..

Brembo's are more costly than standard. Think of it in the way whatever standard brakes cost (pads, rebuilt etc) brembo brakes will easily cost 1/3 on top of that price.

Standard screen and no dual climate control sucks a bit.

Good luck dude!

All really solid advice so far! General consensus is to REALLY go trough it with a fine tooth comb. Given that I'm in Melbourne, it makes the process all that much trickier....but I'll do my ball busting from over here and have it checked out by state roads or try and hook up someone close by from the forums to have a look (paid of course).

Steve r- I probably wouldn't notice either tbh.

VippiN- as mentioned I would be rego/rwc in Melbourne... seems pretty subtle to look at so I'm guessing with some people I know, I should get the RWC ok providing its properly done like you said, and the no oil leaks and loose fitting/crap parts etc. The brakes are AP btw, but I get what you mean regarding exxy parts, they're exxy to maintain... but I'm willing to cop that.

And the screen doesn't bother me lol, if it all checks out, I really won't care what's in the interior loll

• Member For: 14y 1m 2d

I agree with Ralph. I got a lift in the Nizpro ute years ago when it had just been finished. This looks like it. It had a Nizpro Stage 3 kit in it at the time. I'm looking at the rear camber on both sides to see if it looks like the independent rear. What does everyone else see? Is it slightly negative on both sides? If so, grab a bargain!!!

It has the same wheels, brakes, gearbox and engine as the old Nizpro ute. Huge coincidence if it isn't it. Somebody may be about to strike gold.

Backmarker- Lol dammm! Now I won't sleep till I sus this thing out properly! I'm going to call him tomorrow and sus it all out. Seems like a good price regardless of weather it is ex Nizpro considering the brakes alone are worth $6-7k. But yeah if it is the one and he sounds like a genuine guy, I might have to properly consider this thing!

Can't wait ??

Backpacker- how long ago would you remember going for a spin in it. I ask because I'm curious how long ago it was all built and how much longer the life of the motor and other components etc I'd have left? Could be talking 8-10 years highly modified potentially?

• Member For: 11y 3d

Be very very careful purchasing a turbo with so many mods at a low price. July last year I did with $20k worth of mods a 370kw package at $12k. On registration found out it was a RRO in the rear and shot a piston through the Sump while driving it a respectable pase of 50km... only 1 month after purchase. Furious to say the least I'm paying off a dead car. As a single mum I dont get a chance and ive cried many tears over it.

• Like 1