P1227 Dtc (Wastegate Closed/boost Over Pressure) :( :( :(

gmhkla

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 19d

I'm in hoppers crossing

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

And as a truck driver it makes getting down there to drop the car off before 5pm impossible

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

• 5 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 21d

I have the exact same problem; g6et with injectors, cat and f6 cooler, and 12psi actuator. Same deal, will only happen when it's cold outside, Tuned with HP software also. I know it's not overboosting, and I wish someone could explain how to stop this code from appearing since it just seems to be a software issue. Before anyone starts the tuner war again, I don't give a damn how good SCT is, it's too late for me to justify spending $1600 on another tune.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 22d

Even if you tuner doesnt have SCT tuning software they should be still have SCT logging software and invest in a xcal 2 or 3 at the very least for proper datalogging.

If you are seeming to have boost control issues, I'm nor entirely sure I would be fitting a heavier actuator as previously stated. In my opinion if you have an obvious hardware limitation ie a stock wastegate port I wouldnt be increasing the rating of the spring or preload on the actuator.

It kinda sounds like your tuner has "tuned heaps of cars" and that most of those tunes are copy and past type scenarios.

Is the boost tuned in closed/open loop and if so what is the over boost threshold set at?

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

f*ck I'm glad I use the best tuner out there.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 8d

Was the original car in the thread , flashed with HP over the previous SCT tune? or the factory tune flashed in, then a HP tune made from the factory and loaded in?

Ive had a few issues where cars have been doing odd codes and missbehaving, tryint to fix the sct tune with HP doesnt work, but flashing the stock tune back in and working from scratch ellininates the problems.

As mentioned above, SCT reads more tables than HP, but HP has no problem tuning the cars unless there is already an issue with the sct tune... wipe and start again.