P1227 Dtc (Wastegate Closed/boost Over Pressure) :( :( :(

gmhkla

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 20d

It can't be though because as I said hes tuned them many times and never seen this and obviously who ever had it before tuned with the sct couldn't figure it out either.

I need a diagnostic tester so I can't drive and see what all the sensors are showing

• Member For: 17y 10m 2d

amusing sometimes, but not every problem has the same cause so anyone commenting is just guessing, including myself, but if I was a gambler I know what I would be betting on being the problem, he trusts his mate and I'm sure they will get to the bottom of it

• Donating Members

@ratter not really expensive spent about about $450 on parts. But now that iv ruled out the mechanical and sensor side of it and its still happening I'm left with a retune as the only possible answer, but why only my car fml and why only when it's friken cold outside :-(

Inbox me your location ratter...

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

the owner guessing is often cheaper than the mechanic guessing. So what if you spend 1k or 2k on parts. You gotta work out these sort of problems yourself. Most mechanics cant read a manual so have a fat chance solving it anyway, unless its you Ratter. I reckon you would have solved it quick smart.

Edited by turbotrana
  • Like 1

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

But I am not talking about outright blind guessing. There comes a point where you have read the fault codes, tested what you can with a multimeter, got advice from the net, then there comes a time to do parts substitution and process of elimination.

But in this case it could be a software tune issue where you may need to start off with a stock tune, stock boost, stock injectors and go from there.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

That's right, I started the parts substitution because I saw false readings from the map sensor. For the price of a turbosmart actuator and second hand boost solenoid it wasnt hard to just get them and fit them too. As it turns out the boost cutting still happens but not as often per drive cycle which has now pointed me back in the direction of the tune.

Who can I take it too that uses hp tuners

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2