• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 15y 6m 17d

It's a shame because they are such a good box too - hate my 6 speed

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 12y 2m 27d

Mine is running 270rwkw (on a somewhat exaggerative dyno I think) ... with exactly the same mods, minus intercooler... And yeah, injectors/valve springs are the limiter there.

So I'd say you'll be right for 250rwkw so long as the tuner is decent. Your power will be more consistent than mine because of the intercooler too.

Also... What they all said^^^^^^

The T56 is an awesome gearbox though, so get keen ;)

Edited by joshmcmillan

• Member For: 12y 3m 9d

G'day mate,

Have a little bit of faith in your T5 (although the T56 is a worthwhile mod, don't get me wrong), if you find a real good tuner (which is like a needle in a haystack, I'll admit), a tuner can make your T5 work. It's the low-down torque which destroys them, if you've got a good tuner he'll be able to tune it to suit, APS have already proven this with their T5 gearbox running high 10s, its all in your tuner. I really wouldn't bother with the exhaust system, I'd look at putting in a high flow cat and more high flow mufflers. By all means, a good 2.5" cat back system would be good but to sum it up, the best investment you can make is a good tuner.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 9d

got my baby back, 271 RWKW at 9PSI. the car is so much more responsive now and a pleasure to drive even more.

Yeh mate u r right in what u said regarding tuners, Vince said, soon as I got in there, he tuned it mid to high end so I don't make a toss salad withing a couple of weeks of my box, but the only thing I could say was maybe 4 weeks..lol

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Hi impellor, how u doing mate, not sure about records but I do know that next few savings will be towards injectors, pump and valve springs. Then I would guess another box will be a MUST....The tuner did say that it started to starve for fuel around 280 and he dropped it back to 271 where it was happy as a pig in poo...lol

• Member For: 13y 8m 8d

Good result. The reason I asked is that I'm preparing to get a tune myself. So I went down to the local tuner who had a mainline dyno. Car with rear muffler removal, monza cooler CAI, and a ported crossover made 223.4 RWKW's @ 5psi on stock injectors pump. He then informed me that my injector duty cycle was ay 94%. So its got me farked. But I'm not sure how that could be right.

Cheers

• Donating Members

yeh I'm not sure as to what the duty cycle was on mine, but seeing that he said it was starving for fuel and he had to bring it back, it could be 98-99%(only guessing). I could ask him tomorrow and see what he says if that helps you?

• Like 1