Mk1 Capri Xr6T

JETFPV

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 18d

Sorry gent's forgot all about this thread...

Update is it's still plodding along, we encountered a massive delay when the engineer that was handling all the engineering side of thing's decided he wanted to retire pretty much immediately and dropped ALL car's not just mine flat on there asses, SO the delay was finding a new engineer to take over and approve all the work that had been performed to date and give it the go ahead to continue on...

Wasn't as simple as it sound's, but in the end the chassis guy found 1 that has happy with it all and has given it the nod to proceed after his inspection, I have a couple of oldish pics but pretty much the chassis work and stuff is completed, I seen it awhile ago and it was nearly time for the tin work and dummy fitting everything all in...

As I said at the very 1st post, sometime's no matter how much money you throw at thing's, they just don't progress as fast as you'd like, but thing is you just have to persist, I'm not giving up on this thing, have poured to much into it and I'm hanging to get back behind the wheel...

1455073_544709818938093_1422040963_n.jpg

Edited by JETFPV

• Donating Members

578550_547654618643613_927793000_n.jpg?o

1468532_547654588643616_1617290746_n.jpg

Trial fitting Wheel's & Tyres to get the ride height, not sure at this stage if this is the actual height it will be once finished, but it should be close if not I've changed my mind and made it higher...

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members

Not finished yet mate, still going, all chassis and tubbing is complete, just have to get the height we want and make the diff and it's rolling...also made a few changes, went from leaf spring to 4 link and coil over's and willwood brakes all round...

After that all done, it all get's pulled back out, put on rottiserie, floor blasted and painted and then final assembly...

Have pic's but couldn't get them to work so I'll try again next time...