Cool Stuff You Recently Built - Not Cars

Bomber

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 7d

Heres what me and two mates have done over 3 weeks. One week straight every night after work, two weekends and finished it yesterday. None of us have ever built a deck before, but one of the guys is an engineer who has built a pergola and me and my mate are just handy with tools. We built it for one of the guys.. All up came to under $3k including timber which was around $2K on its own. After my mate got a few quotes which ranged from $4K-$7K we thought f*ck it lets have a crack.. Did a bit of research and it payed off..

My mate has most of the pics but heres what ive got, this point we just finished putting the joists in and gettin ready to lay the decking..

photo-1.jpg

All done, just have to oil it up..

photo1.jpg

• Like 2

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 1d

From a carpenter top job doing it with no prior experience. Good to see people still having a crack and it paying off. Looks schmick too. Bit of clear on top and she'll look a million bucks

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 7d

Thanks guys, the satisfaction alone is worth it.. Did everything by hand to, hammered every nail, screwed every screw (obviously a drill lol) and dug every hole, cement, the works... I can understand why people charge soo much to do it even though its one of those things that you can do it with a bit of knowledge but most CBF lol...

Whilst we were finishing it up it started raining and gave a good indication of what its gonna look like once oiled and glossed and it looked pretty sweet.. Cant wait to have a bbq and a beer on it in summer...

• Like 2

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 17d

That's awesome Mika and well done for taking something on you hadn't done before :)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 17d

It's been done before but thought I'd share my 'other' build :).

New 9.5'' Hiros came today - picking up custom axle (70") with hubs and tyres tomorrow. Mate bringing mig over in the morning to weld custom mounts on I've fabricated. Hopefully should be a roller next week if I get the frame painted in time (black semi gloss). Then I'll do wiring, make the checker infill panel for the front and source the toolbox.

• Like 1