Achilles Atr Sport 2

Bellato

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

Is the celica a track car? If so check out westlake semi slicks.. they're like 130 each and my mate runs em on his track car and reckons they're sick for the money.

A mate ran westalkes on his supercharged ls with mid 400's and they were pretty rubbish. Nt05 and nt01 work a whole lot better. Obviously need to pay more though

• Member For: 11y 1m 2d

I can attest to the fact that they hang on like f*ck around corners. Might not be great for straight line high torque cars his is more of a track car for cornering hard only 300rwkw or so and skyline so small engine late boost

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I've had ATR2s for 40,000ks on my ute, still 50-60% left on them except for camber wear on the fronts.

I find the performance in the wet to be ok, especially for the price. In the dry with 40,000 kms on them they still perform really well. I've got Bilstein shockies on the ute and love throwing it into corners at speed.

My new wheels will have ATR2s, I can't justify spending considerably more for other tyres when these perform (and last) as well as they do.

You guys must be smoking the good sh*t. The ATRs in the wet are a nightmare, unless you guys drift everywhere and love it.

In the dry they were good, but the car kinda had a lot of understeer at the front when hitting the corners hard.

I got shockworks on the car and with the Conti contacts 3 I reckong they grip a whole lot better.

The ATR's are definately bang for buck, but they are noisey as f*ck. These conti contacts 3 are quiet and I am enjoying them.

As I have said before, if I can find myself a set of luxury 19" rims(2 of them to be exact) I will get ATRs on them for summer and burnout sessions/cruises.

;)

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 4d

Bellato, on 22 Nov 2015 - 6:05 PM, said:

A mate ran westalkes on his supercharged ls with mid 400's and they were pretty rubbish. Nt05 and nt01 work a whole lot better. Obviously need to pay more though

because they are cheap tyres marketed to drifters under the premise of r-comps due to tyre mould design they purchased to look like leading brand tyres ;)

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 9m 7d

Finally changed tyres today after 2 years 4 months and 55,000kms on my ATR2s. It's pissing down rain and the rears were almost bald had maybe 1-1.5mm remaining so it was a little sketchy on the highway in the wet. The fronts still had maybe 30-40% tread but were camber worn. I was still very impressed with the dry performance.

The tyre joint didn't have any more in stock and with today being Saturday I couldn't be bothered waiting so I've gone with Michelin Pilot Sport 3 this time around, they have a $100 cashback promotion going on so ended up being only $20 more per tyre than the ATR2.

Edited by jabtronic
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 1m 5d
On ‎4‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:28 PM, jabtronic said:

Finally changed tyres today after 2 years 4 months and 55,000kms on my ATR2s. It's pissing down rain and the rears were almost bald had maybe 1-1.5mm remaining so it was a little sketchy on the highway in the wet. The fronts still had maybe 30-40% tread but were camber worn. I was still very impressed with the dry performance.

The tyre joint didn't have any more in stock and with today being Saturday I couldn't be bothered waiting so I've gone with Michelin Pilot Sport 3 this time around, they have a $100 cashback promotion going on so ended up being only $20 more per tyre than the ATR2.

How are you finding the PS3's mate?

Need to replace my P-Zero's and thinking of putting some of them on.