As the stock headunit cannot be changed,

Im considering an Audio Control LCQ-1 to convert lines

From that I am installing:

Focal 165KRX2 6.5inch in the front

Focal 130KRC 5inch or Focal IC570 5x7inch in the rear

Powered by Rockford Fosgate T600-4 4 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate T1D412 Sub

Powered by at Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd Amp

Will have doors lined with dynamat as well as the wall on the back of the cab.

Shall run 0 awg power cable to a splitter and from there run 4 awg power cable to the amps.

Just after some opinons and thoughts or possible changes that could be made before I go ahead.

Cheers

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

That some good gear. WIll pack a lot of punch especially in a ute lol.

No recommendations but as for not being able to replace the head unit, you can install an aftermarket unit, often installed below the ICC. Not exactly sure how they wire them in though

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 1d

Yeah can put in an aftermarket headunit in the tissue box holder.

Now listen up..I'm thinking of getting a ute..post progress pics especially dimensions of sub box and where you out it. Could come in handy for me or anyone else here. Too many stereo build threads that have just stopped or unfinished.

Looking forward to the next update and good luck bud :spoton:

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 6d

Yeh mate just put a new head unit in... If you know how to wire subs and amps you would definitely know how to wire a head unit. Just need to run a power fees from your main cable off the dist block for +12v, tap into an acc feed and good ground. Run decent stranded cable for speaker wire too if your going for a high end setup!

• Member For: 11y 7m 15d

Cheers fellas,

havent really thought about running a seperate headunit, was originally stuck on the idea of keeping it as stock as possible with the colour touch screen, but its something I'll have to think about now, wiring in a headunit is a piece of piss, already bought the LCQ1 converter, if Im not happy with the clarity and quality with the out put then I'll throw in a head unit.

will be sure to post updates and progress reports with dimensions and any issues or what not over the next few weeks..

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 2d

Hey mate.. Sounds like an awesome setup. I have placed a thread on here about this exact subject.(I have put photos up in one of my posts. My system has been cranking now for almost 7 mths in my ute. I went with the stock ICC with the Audison Bit ten Sound Field Processor.. Done my research, used all quality equipment (2 Kicker Amps, 2 x 12" Kicker Subs, Focal Splits in Doors and A Pillars, and Focal Coaxials in the rear) and it still wants to rearrange my insides every time I jump in the car (and crystal clear sound). Obviously the Aftermarket headunit is an option however I can honestly say It can be done!! I done it all myself in my own garage so it ain't gonna win comps for installation (was not my objective), just wanted a tidy install that cranked. If ya have any queries for your own research feel free to drop me a line. Cheers Tim

Edited by Boog72

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 2d

some good gear there. cant go wrong with focal for speakers.

I would personally dump the sub and get some good 6x9 for the rears. maybe cadence or something as they have good bass and are punchy too. if you really want a sub I wouldnt go much bigger then a 10. even an 8 is perfect for the utes as its not a massive area inside and you want clean bass rather then a 12 that just burbles around....just my 2 cents anyways

• Member For: 13y 5m 14d

I would go a sub 10 or 12 for sure as 6x9 do not really play under 63 hz so will not sound that great I am about to install a set of focal utopia BEs kit no7 in my ute running off 2 alpine pdx f6 alpine with 2 atomic 12s running of a alpine m240 all running of a H800 processor I will not be running rear speakers as there is not really much point for them

I personal are not a big fan of the Rockford Fosgate gear as I think you can get better gear for the price I see your in Sydney so look up Fhrx Studio there one of the best in Australia and Marty is very helpful

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 7m 15d

Even an 8' sub would be enough kick compared to a set of 6x9's, but in saying that will the 6x9s fit or only 5x7s??

but a nice clean sub with a descent set of clear speakers does the trick.

Nice choice with the Focal Utopias, wont need rear speakers with those. all round top set up.

Looked up LHRX Studio, old mate has some descent gear, be sure to head down to the shop when Im down that way.

Looked into the the Audison Bit.ten processor that Boog72 recommended, if the Audiocontrol LCQ1 isnt what im after I'll give the Audison processor ago.

I personally wont recommended anything but Rockford or Alpine Subs, amp wise yeah the Alpine PDX range are awesome,

but Ive used Rockford amps since I got my licence and havent had any problems and more then happy with the quality so going to stick by them