Turbo Bolts Off Exhaust Side

patrick1234

• Member For: 12y 1m 20d

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place for this but il try anyway. I have a bf xr6 turbo ute and 2 bolts on the exhaust housing have come loose and one has completely gone. I meant these little bolts holding some sort of plate on the turbo. So my car has a funny sound and "Burgels" out the hole where the bolt should be,. I tightened the two loose ones and they worked there way loose in 1 drive

Il put up a photo tommorow.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they know what size bolt they are. I have tried 2 from a bolt in with no luck, And ford don't stock them cause its off the garret turbo

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 9d

Ford should stock them, if its a part in their car and they need to replace or repair it they would have to source it and stock it. Now the question is, is it the bolts holding the dump pipe onto the back of the exhaust housing, my suspicion is yes, in which case you should remove the ones that were loose and get some loctite onto them or they will come loose again.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 11d

Yea that is the turbo actually coming apart basically. The typical ones to come loose are the manifold to head bolts or the manifold to turbo bolts. You may have to look into why it is happening a little more, maybe bionic might have a bit of info if he has seen it before.

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d

Go see Ford or a reputable tuner. Get them to look at it and see what your best option is

Or do what Ralph says cos he's generally right all the time the wanker

Edited by Ciaran