What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

Turbo comes on nice and quick for an old bush bearing :P

What part number is your pump? I've been looking at putting the 1800hp fuel lab pump in mine so I don't have multiple pumps and then speed control it with the ecu so it's not pumping so much fuel around getting hot. Was going to run a single magnafuel 750 but not being able to speed control means I'll have to build a fuel cooler which is a pain.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Mines a 41401-3 the smallest 1200hp unit, but on 18v it still pushes 420ltr hr at 84psi fuel pressure. 

Im using a boost a spark to pump the volts up, off boost the speed control relay disconnects the control signal from the Reg and switches the control terminal for the pump to earth for minimum pump speed, once it comes onto boost the boost a spark pulps up to 18v and the pump gets full speed control. This is all geared around reducing return flow. 

With a big mechanical reg you could just use a Hobbs switch to control pump speed. 

Edited by Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

Yeh I can control it off the ecu with the fuel pressure sensor and based on engine load. What sort of cost is the boost a spark? Would like to do a speed control of it with a solid state so that I can control speed properly but don't know if they will like that. My mate has the 1800hp version and pushed that to 1200hp at the wheels on e85 and was still keeping up so they flow the numbers just don't know how it will go with methanol.

The magnafuel was my first choice being 2500hp rated and even though they don't like people using them with methanol I've seen them used for years with meth and haven't failed yet. Around $700 they can be rebuilt easily but can't speed control so 20mins of street cruising and fuel heatsoaks badly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Actually woke up feeling somewhat normal again this morning, which is a big step in the right direction from the way I've felt the last couple of days! Also managed to get to sleep the last few nights without any form of sleeping tablet...I was actually getting pretty stressed about that for a while there.

• Member For: 14y 5m 13d

Just had confirmation I am getting a 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD version of these as my desktop replacement:

it's the 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8650U Processor (8M Cache, 1.9 GHz, 4.2 GHz max), vPro CPU version

https://www3.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-t-series/ThinkPad-T580/p/22TP2TT5800

I also get to roll out 120+ of these to staff, it's the 16GB, 25GB SSD version, which is a massive step up from the desktops we currently have.

https://www3.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/ThinkPad-X380-Yoga/p/22TP2TXX380

So hopefully lot's of overtime getting them ready and rolling them out to staff, which will come in handy with having to pay off the new mortgage I've got myself into :thumbsup:

• Like 1