What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d
32 minutes ago, .Stripes. said:

Hearing your and some of my other friends with young kids stories is really starting to put me off having my own kids hey...

haha dw I was put off kids too. my girl is 8 months now. but watching them grow and learn new things each day is amazing.  

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d
5 hours ago, .Stripes. said:
Hearing your and some of my other friends with young kids stories is really starting to put me off having my own kids hey...

Don't listen to my crap venting lol
A mothers job can be a bit more of an average task because you cop all the boring stuff a lot more. Nappies and all that jazz plus losing your body for a year, feeding, blah blah.
I'm a very perceptive person so I can tell if hormones are effecting me, but I can tell you along with several members that having a baby can change a woman, even permanently, therefore potentially ruining a relationship. Which has happened to several people I know.
I don't by any stretch think it's easy for dads but as the chick you're the fall back often. Eg if everyone's sick even you ya can't just stop. Everyone else has to eat and be cared for.

In terms of kids in general, I love my boys, they mean the world to me, I'd never trade them for anything.
But
If someone had of described my daily life to me 5 years ago, I probably wouldn't have had kids and saved my sanity, my figure, my career, my alone time and time alone with Jet, etc etc.
For me and jet we genuinely are best mates. We race together, dirt bike ride, golf, like everything we do together is super fun and I'm completely fulfilled by that and also the other things in my life. So if I never got to have kids on top of that it wouldn't have phased me.
again those things don't all relate to dads or all people.
I'm a different breed though. I am not fulfilled, and never will be, by having kids.
To me it's not that amazing. Most people can do it pretty well. It's not an amazing feat or something that makes me feel like my life's work is done.
I think I'll find it more fulfilling as they grow and bEcome people. Baby thing isn't really my caper.

Again, wouldn't change my boys, they do bring me super amounts of joy and they make me love and smile like I never have before.
I don't think anyone can tell you except you how you feel about having kids and even then it may not be what u thought it was.

But the advice I have to my single 32year old friend the other day who doesn't think she wants kids but is feeling pressured by family to "settle down" was, just because having kids is considered normal and a part of life as a woman doesn't mean you have to do it. And you can have just as much of a happy life without it.
It's nothing more than a biological urge which takes over when you boil it down. We inherently have a need to reproduce as do all species. Except pandas those idiots. And we're lucky enough to not have to listen to those urges if we don't want to. So why feel pressured into it.

Just do what's right for you.

I think a huge amount of the problem is people sugar coating what it's like to have kids tbh.
Everyone's like "oh don't worry about it, it's ok, it will be fine" and it's like, well it might not be lololol

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
40 minutes ago, Frederick said:

Everyone's like "oh don't worry about it, it's ok, it will be fine" and it's like, well it might not be

True dat. My sisters kid was born with her heart on the outside of her body. She's fine now but was in hospital for ages.

My missus friend just had a kid last week at 28 weeks. The baby weighs about a kilo.

My neighbours had twins and was told that most likely one of them would die as they came too early. It didn't die but they still had the stress of it for a while. They didn't even plan to have another kid and they went from 2 to 4 kids just like that. They are all good now after 3 months in hospital.

That's all before the looking after them part happens and that can range from a walk in the park to pull your hair out, lose your sh*t, divorce your SO and lose the house kind of sh*t.

54 minutes ago, Frederick said:

Just do what's right for you.

Hit the nail on the head.

Speaking of kids mine want their 4053rd meal of the day so I'd better go feed them up the hungry little puffwagons.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Yep.
My cousin was born at 26 weeks, 500grams and is 13 with cerebral palsy.
My other cousins baby was born 4 years ago after a stroke in utero. They didn't know until she was born. She's now in a wheelchair and unable to talk etc and it's not know the progress she will make but she certainly won't ever Be out of full time care.
My other friend had a baby with her bowl outside her body, she died shortly after birth

Two of my friends had boys with holes in the heart.

My friend has a little boy who passes or every time he cries, he's only 18 months old, they have no idea why.
Her other boy has cleft pallet.

Our nanny has high functioning autistic daughter and she cares for other autistic children as a nanny.
My best friend at school was born with half an arm.

Two people I know had to terminate at 20 weeks or birth a baby who they know would die almost instantly due to chromosomal abnormalities.

This all happens daily. To people we all know.
Hence why jet and I took nearly 4 years to decide to have another.
The risk is so much.

People worry about their baby having downs etc but to be honest that the least of the issues imo.

Then there's ferals having babies by accident with randoms for the child support and treating them like crap.

Oh the world we live in

I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
5 minutes ago, Frederick said:

Oh the world we live in

Yep.  Forrest Gump's mum always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

• Like 2

• Donating Members

I could give u a spin about how glorious it is.

But I'd be lying through my teeth.

I relish getting older when most fear old age.... for the soul reason my kids will be old enough to sleep and leave me alone for more than 3 minutes lol

I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
9 minutes ago, .Stripes. said:

Jesus...you guys are really selling it...:ermm:

Nah they're good really man. Although we had a bit of a scare with her a while back, my youngest daughter is just 6 months and she is the happiest, cuddliest, good sleeping baby I've met. She's always got a huge smile for anyone and is cheeky enough to play little baby games with me and her mum. The others had their moments too lol.

Although it has been hard at times it's mostly easy. Easy with lots of work if that makes sense.

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d

Me and Mrs Bloodycrashboy decided years ago not to have any kids
Mainly cos of our lifestyle and the feeling that we were far to immiture to care for another human being
We were hard pushed just looking after each other!!!!

I love the people out there who want kids, care for them and love them.

Pisses me off when drop kicks keep pumping them out for the Government rebate or are too stupid to know how to use contraception

I'm of the opinion that if you really want kids, then the sooner the better

One of my neices went through the I.V.F. program and now has a very much loved son from it
She and her husband really really wanted a child
They now have 2
Second one was not I.V.F.

Bravo to yous guys out there who have sleepless nights looking after your children, caring for them when they are sick and putting them before your needs

I salute you

I'd hug you and kiss you, but I don't know if that's appropriate

• Like 2