What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 23d

Annual leave sorted and looking at the roster, after tonight shift I dont go back to work until 12th Feb..........scored!!

Biggest break I've had in 3 years.

• Like 4

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 21d
On 1/13/2017 at 1:58 PM, Ezy2Confuze said:

This is why the Liberal's multi technology mix

forgive me but its actually hell funny as I am all for fiber to the home but the fiber to the node jobs are worth so much more coin to me it's not even funny.

and to be honest most people complain about telstras network when their home is star wired with poor joins. this is why I am going to be buying a VDSL tester. many people have good signal enter the home but then it's just wired like crap.

Edited by skidxr6t

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

No-one, it would seem. Just tried this morning and it worked. Definitely not complaining.

• skids
  • Donating Members

ahh so some cow needed more cables run than they wanted to pay for and is trying to say I told them it would work in a certain way. I am so lucky I do my quotes in writing.

but in the interest of making people happy I will fit https://www.jaycar.com.au/rj45-cat-5-utp-splitter-150mm/p/YT6090 at one end and simply split the pairs over two sockets at the end that the cow sees. I can't be bothered arguing and for the sake of $16.95 it will pacify this person. two cable runs were clearly suggested to the client as something they might need to have everything work as they wanted it. this is written in the quote. as well as the fact they will need a network switch....

oh and I have to straighten some duct, the clients going to discover how on the piss their walls are cause im literally going to politely ask them to watch me as I adjust it.  it was going to go in a corner but right above it was a massive electrical j box. so we went just off the corner and the duct is perfectly level. The thing is, that corner is far from straight. she thinks its over 2 centimeters out. funny that when the big long level reckons its perfectly straight.

the best bit was when they pointed at the location where all cables were run to (terminated on a wall plate) and asked me 'so whats all that doing there!!!' I replied 'this is where all the cables are run to, the lounge, as agreed' obviously I was very polite but just wow. six pack short of a carton right there. my analogy is its like getting an air conditioning then asking the installer what the indoor unit is doing up on the wall?

job was a mess around, next time I get a job like this with no roofspace and see a huge solar array+pool heater system it's +$500 onto the cost minimum.

Edited by skidxr6t

• skids
  • Donating Members

....and all fixed with happy client. What really made me feel good is I got a phone call from someone who worked on this job with me and his first words were: 'ARE YOU AT THAT BITCHES HOUSE?' and I really hope the client did not hear this but at the same time I hope they did HAHA. I was standing right next to the client as I took the call...

Edited by skidxr6t