• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m

I think the 322's were "premium" brakes - even up to the "MK1" FG

MKII turbo got them standard - not sure on the G6T

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 28d
Just now, ROB83R said:

If you're not super hard on your brakes have a look at the rotors I'm using. Mine are holding up so far. 

I absolutely punish the crap out of my brakes muhuahauhauha.

it's weird they have never faded or shuddered but the rotors are cooooooked, could be caliper or something else wrong but if I smash the brake (like as hard as I can) while doing 150km/h the car pulls hard to the left. on normal braking the car pulls up perfectly dead straight and smooth without shudder.

going for DBA T2's on the front, not 100% on the pad choice - to be honest I want the same brand/type of pad that's currently fitted.

what made me feel good today (to keep thread on topic) I knocked off work at 10:30 AM (started at 7) and cracked open a beer at 12. I hardly ever drink so I fffin deserve it.

Edited by skidxr6t
  • Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

BF series XRs did not have any factory brake upgrade options at all.  Only BA XRs could upgrade to that "C6" caliper.

BFs got bigger rotors...but there are two types of bigger rotor IIRC - I think maybe only the rears change though... vented vs solid maybe?  It's been posted here before and I have a text file on my home PC with the info in there that I've regurgitated a few times on here. Will check when I get home!

Edited by -Stever-

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Followup to the brakes thing:

The statistics.
BA - Fronts - 2 piston caliper w/ 298mm vented rotor. Rears 1 piston w/303 solid rotor.
BA premiums/FPV - Fronts - 2 piston C6 caliper(much stronger and thicker) w/ 325mm vented rotor. Rears 1 piston w/303 solid
BF - Fronts - 2 piston caliper(same as BA caliper just different mounting) w/ 322mm vented rotor. Rears 1 piston w/328 vented rotor.
BFII(some)- Fronts - 2 piston caliper w/ 322mm vented rotor. Rears 1 piston w/303 solid rotor.
FG - Fronts - 2 piston caliper w/ 322mm vented rotor. Rears 1 piston w/303 solid rotor. 

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/25384-dba-4000-rotors/page-5

Ah okay, that's why you got them cheaper nifty, the 4504s and 4505s are 298mm/28mm vented and 303mm/16mm solid rotors as found on the BA XR6Ts not fitted with the premium brake upgrade. The BFs use 42107s and 41208s which are 322mm/28mm vented and 328mm/26mm vented rotors so I'd say that's why there is a price difference.

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m
1 minute ago, BAXRTUTE said:

How did u find Fiji?

Dunno man - I just stepped off the plane and there it was

Freakiest thing ever

• Like 10

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 19d

Fiji is a great place. All the locals are friendly. Not as cheap as it used to be. I stayed on the coral coast so its not you're white beach sand but better for diving. Vonu beer is awsome. But one thing you have to look out for is the sun man. Never have I ever felt sunshine so hot on my skin. They sell 110uv sunscreen. The humidity was more harsh the north qld. Great swimming and beer drinking weather.

• Like 1