The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 15d

What's with those bellends that sit in the right lane at the same speed as the car in the left lane?
Why the fark can't people just overtake and drive normally.
Bloody dickbrains

• Like 4

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 3d

Currently trying to figure out the best way to get to/from my new job. I haven't had to deal with a daily commute since uni, so it's an interesting proposition. The idea of driving appeals, in that it means it doesn't matter about weather and I get to sit in aircon/heater that I can control and I have the flexibility to leave and come back if I need to etc. But the cost of parking and the idea of having to drive a manual in peak hour traffic kinda sucks....so, there's that. The idea of riding a pushbike appeals, in the sense of then not having to worry about trying to fit in any other exercise, but knowing myself I'll hate it for a large portion of the year when it's either raining or too hot or I CBF. Public transport doesn't really appeal, coz people. Plus I'd have to walk 15mins at each end. But I could buy a folding bicycle and it'd take about the same time as driving in (traffic conditions pending). If I had an auto car it'd be a pretty easy decision...but I don't :ermm:

People who've had to deal with the daily commute, what's your experience and feedback?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 18d
10 minutes ago, .Stripes. said:

Currently trying to figure out the best way to get to/from my new job.

Hypothetically if you already had a 4 cyl daily car and a motorbike registered then you can alternate around the weather and cbf'dness with a pushy ride a few times a week.

Maybe it's worth the extra parking cost to have the added comfort and safety of a car along with the time savings over the occasional pushy ride.

17 minutes ago, .Stripes. said:

If I had an auto car it'd be a pretty easy decision

If the only thing holding you back is the transmission then sell ya car and buy a different one.

• Member For: 10y 2m 4d
26 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

If the only thing holding you back is the transmission then sell ya car and buy a different one.

^^ this

May as well make it an F6

• Like 3

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Member For: 12y 1m 3d

Transit times with each method are as follows:

• Driving - 18-35mins (according to google), which is highly traffics dependent
  • Public transport - 45-50mins
    • 15mins walk to train station
    • 15mins train ride
    • either 15min walk or 5mins walking and a bus ride
    • Or could buy a folding bike and it's be 5mins ride each end
  • Pushbike - 46-50mins

Costs as follows:

• Driving - Parking will probably run me around $280-350 a month
  • Public transport - Around $165 a month
  • Pushbike - free, but offset by initial pushbike and gear purchase

I do have to admit that the idea of swapping cars has some appeal, in that getting an auto would make life a lot easier and I probably won't be as bothered by sitting in traffic, as I can just pump some tunes or a podcast or something and zone out. But a manual will definitely suck a fat one. Would want to buy something practical and comfortable though, especially if sitting in traffic. Something that's not too difficult to navigate through tight car parks too. Wouldn't be an F6 or V8 I don't think...would also want to buy a car I'm not tempted to mod or spend money on.

Also, all of those methods are seriously cheaper than buying a motorbike and gear, especially when factoring insurance etc too.