EFSIX

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m
3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Do/have you smoke/smoked a lot of pot?

3XDiVSP.jpg

smoke pot erryday

the NSA could make a lot of money if they offered a data recovery service to the world. just enter your card details and ID. Then receive a link to browse the data they have on you and get charged only for what you download.

Edited by skidxr6t

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Backups:

"3 2 1"

3 copies

2 locations

1 of which is online

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

The three sweetest letters in the English language?

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d
5 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Dropbox holds all of my tune files

I have a dropbox account, three actually and they all full.

I got to setup the new NAS(assuming I will ever receive it) I just got the third notification this week that it has been delayed yet again.

Was meant to arrive on Friday. nothing came through. was told on Monday that it should be here this Friday.

Got notification today saying the NAS would be here on 2nd of March.

Fark me, I am pissed. will download all my data from Drop box accounts onto NAS and work out what I need and don't need.

Then delete everything from Drop box accounts.

I will then compress all photo's and videos and upload to drop box.

5 hours ago, Rab said:

Microsoft Onedrive FTW - seamless integration with all the computers of all my documents/photos/files etc

I have a onedrive account as part of work and seems to work just like dropbox does. especially with the software installed.

not through their webpage. Can't be stuffed putting private data in there thought.

5 hours ago, skidxr6t said:

local backups ftw. I have two identical 2.5" 2tb hitachi drives which I copy the same stuff to (annoying process as they're portable drives so aren't in raid or anything). I believe hitachi still make the most reliable spinning hard disks.

what brand SSD by the way? I like the samsung PRO branded ssd's, cost is higher and while they can fail they are backed by a ten year warranty which leads me to believe the manufacturer is very confident the useful life will be longer than the ones they warrant for 5 years. ive had issues with pretty much all brands, just luck of the draw.

Screw you and your nice NAS marco, if I recall right MSY had some decent deals on hard disks for em.

I have local backups of my photos and videos, but I have no idea where both the 4TB external caddies are.

One day my wife decided that she would do a cleanup of my IT room and I haven't seen them since ffs.

I don't have my NAS device yet. I want to have local copies of data and offsite copies too.

The reason for this, is incase the house catches fire, I have offsite copies.

I was going to buy the hdd drives at MSY, but then I thought about the hassle it would be to drive to two separate locations to pickup the equipment.

I have a GEIL SSD that my cousin gave me. I don't think I will use their stuff no more.

I like the corsair and the Samsung products.

I have 3 x 500gb Samsung 840/850 pro's. good stuff.

5 hours ago, Rab said:

Local and offsite backups

I like what you have suggested, but Steve's moto seems to make more sense.

I was recently told of some site where you pay something between $5-$15 a month for 50GB worth of storage.

I forgot which site, but I just spoke to the bloke today and he said he would email me the info, when he got home.

Edited by masda74
grammar and spelling.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I am definitely getting old then. I am pretty sure I meant 50TB and not 50GB per month for that price.

Once I know more, I will let you know.