The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 25d

local backups ftw. I have two identical 2.5" 2tb hitachi drives which I copy the same stuff to (annoying process as they're portable drives so aren't in raid or anything). I believe hitachi still make the most reliable spinning hard disks.

online cloud storage can be handy but I am not a fan. It's easy to carry a USB drive that attaches to your keys for example.

what brand SSD by the way? I like the samsung PRO branded ssd's, cost is higher and while they can fail they are backed by a ten year warranty which leads me to believe the manufacturer is very confident the useful life will be longer than the ones they warrant for 5 years. ive had issues with pretty much all brands, just luck of the draw.

Screw you and your nice NAS marco, if I recall right MSY had some decent deals on hard disks for em.

Edited by skidxr6t

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 28d

Offsite as in a removable drive I swap out daily and keep in my glovebox.

NSA wish they had my data retention procedure.

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 22d

Finding a decent complete low km manual conversion is more difficult than I thought, been hassling wreckers for well over 2 months. Best one yet had a crack in the bell housing from a stack, just what ya want.

Will have the $$$ for a Mal Wood t56 Magnum conversion or stage 3 zf if it takes another month, kinda tempted to wait now.