What Gauges Does Everyone Use

• Member For: 17y 3m 5d

Have a look a PLX Devices they do a I-Pod type setup that I think you can

run what ever sensor combo to them as well they also so do a OBD2

reader that will display on there Gauges.

All you would need to do is make a holder if you can use the I pod

or there iMFD Data Logger.

Only down side is you need to purchase from the States unless someone

can supply them here.

I'm Currently using 2 of there 52mm Gauge Monitors, one for

Wideband AFR/Lambda and the other for Oil Pressure.

I have found them to be very accurrate and you can even see

the pulsations in the oil pressure reading.

Website

PLX Devices Inc. - Multi Gauges, Single Gauges, Sensor Modules, Wideband Air Fuel Ratio, Data Logging, Fuel Saving / Scan Tools

Good Luck

• Member For: 14y 7m 1d

Been there. Done that. Not many people liked what I created but each to their own I guess.

I've moved on from the first creation and I'm looking into an A pillar tripod arrangement as some have done with their B series cars.

But no, no company has mass produced an off the shelf item to suit the FG yet.

Be interesting to see what you came up with although not that keen on the A-Pillar setup.. got any pics left or can I find it here somewhere ?

Have a look a PLX Devices they do a I-Pod type setup that I think you can

run what ever sensor combo to them as well they also so do a OBD2

reader that will display on there Gauges.....

Thanks for the link, some tricky stuff there..

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 15y 10m

Be interesting to see what you came up with although not that keen on the A-Pillar setup.. got any pics left or can I find it here somewhere ?

Yep. Plenty of pics of the build up of what I did. Can't be bothered looking for it though. Sorry, you'll have to do that bit yourself. Search under topics posted by me and it'll narrow it down.

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 20d

Hey Guys,

I know this is just another topic relating to gauges, :spit: because we all love them. I have tripod gauge pod from the guys at Pole Position, it looks great and the quality seems fantastic, however I am looking at gauges.

I have a Drift Iridium Series Voltmeter, one of the digital jobbies, it looks pretty good, however I want a boost and either oil pressure or air fuel ratio, but am not sure which one is the more practical. Does anyone have any pointers?

I know that Cobalt gauges are good, done by Autometer, but don't want to fork out the cash they want at egauges...

And does anyone know anyone in Sydney who installs them for cheap?

Cheers

Edited by xr6tc

• Member For: 15y 4d

I have a boost gauge that gives me the peak boost with a push of a button. It good to see if your car is over boosting. Also I have a air?/fuel ratio gauge, I wish I had installed that gauge before I had done mods to compare the factory tune to the tune I have now.

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 3d

AFR gauge is really only worthwhile if you have a wideband O2 sensor and gauge to suit, or it won't be giving you a useful signal.

in my old car I had:

volts

oil pressure

oil temperature

boost

water temperature

in my xr6t I think I would like to have:

boost

transmission temp

oil temp

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 20d

Right, now that I actually have the right forum I have a question..

About to buy some oze gauges for a pole position pod. I saw this on this FAQ page:

Do you sell the fittings to install the gauges into my vehicle? No ... the purchaser is required to get any specific fittings for their vehicle. The gauge kit comes with the wiring harness, sensor and universal pod. You may need to extend the wiring harness ... four core alarm cable is a suitable choice (Jaycar or Dick Smith). General consumables such as insulation tape, heat shrink tubing, solder, connectors etc are not supplied.

Has anyone bought these gauges before? If so what else is needed that doesnt come with the gauges? Plus extend the wiring harness? how much.... life would be alot easier if they just gave you everything you will need, not like they arent charging enough ... Oh any problems people have had with these gauges feedback would be awesome :buttrock:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 18d

I bought these gauges before some bastard ripped them out after breaking into my car.....Wiring to the gauges for lighting is required, if you have Oil Pressure, then a sandwich plate or other form of obtaining the reading, oil temp came with the sensor, and boost required a "T" Connector for tubing from your BOV (if I remember correctly)

But I'm pretty sure ozegauge is currently out of business...temporarily I assume...says so on their website...