With My Mod's, Whats Your Guess On Power?

Boosted_Falcon

• Member For: 11y 8m 20d

Hey all how are you going?

I'm New here and was going to get my car tuned in the next month and was looking for some guidance...

I have a 2002 Ba XR6 Turbo that I bought a year ago, due to apprenticeship wages it's taken a while for me to fit these mods but the list is:

-FG short engine with new nizpro billet oil pump gears

-head has been reco'd with new springs and seals, new coil packs and ngk platinum plugs

-wastegate ported + flapper valve + 15 psi actuator

-4" dump pipe + 5" cat + twin 2.5" catback (xforce)

-walbro intank Fuel pump 255lt p/h

-HDI intercooler kit ( stock hot side and 2.5" cold side)

-Pod filter in original airbox position

Heavy Duty Exedy Clutch going in next week and I'll put the 60lbs Injectors in just before the tune.

whats your guess on power with a minimum of 15psi? I know the intercooler and gearbox are the weak points (t5z) but im not a clutch kicker usually anyways so im hoping they pull out alright.

the engine in the car came out of a 351rwkw write-off so im hoping it does well.

my query is if I'm missing something? final checks before the tune and wondering on peoples thoughts. Do I need a better fuel pump for that power?

last thing...I live in Toowoomba and I'm deciding on either Forced, Elite, Hi-Torque or RDP for my tune... any opinions? this is my daily so any thoughts on tuner's would be great.

looking forward to the guesses guys

cheers

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 30d

Fuel pump and injectors are fine. That poor cooler will be at its limits, somewhere around 350rwkw thought. It'll rape your t5z

• Member For: 17y 10m 22d

the gearbox can break under load, not from kicking the clutch, the torque can exceed the hard parts of the box.

Your cooler is going to hold you back, have seen several HDI's struggle to go much over 300

If your pod is exposed, that will also be a problem

You can not fit the injectors with out a tune to suit

Edited by ratter

Thanks ratter, yeh was planning to fit them outside the shop before the tune. seems like im going to have to treat it gently while saving for a mal woods conversion...I saw your pitlane logo...do you work there? because the engine from this car was worked on by that workshop.

hey bionicxr6t05 its Damien who used to work with ya, my hotmail got hacked so couldnt use other account. as said before im going to take it easy on the box and save. nice to hear from ya I lost your number, you think I should get a tune from your friend? or go to one of these workshops?

Yeh ratter out of "YPERV" I think it was.

Hmm time to look at prices for surge tanks then...and was considering relocating batter to boot while im at it for a 4" intake...but the kits seem so pricey. ah well problem for another time ill focus on the tune for now.

thanks for the info guys gave me a bit to think on